2.7

{Delilah}.

I woke up on the couch, my neck painful due to the position I had laid in. I didn't remember falling asleep, but I did remember the horrible nightmare the captivated my thoughts all night long. I wondered if Calum managed to sleep any better - finally being back in his own bed. Maybe without me close, he was alright.

I stretched out before standing on my feet, quietly walking up to our bedroom to see if Calum was awake yet. I reached the door, looking in to see him sitting upright, his head in his hands. I felt nervous and uncomfortable - embarrassed even, but I knew I had to help him. For the record, I knew I shouldn't even be feeling this way at all, but I knew what was right and that was that Calum didn't love me.

"Hey," I murmured softly, my voice weak as he looked up to me.

"Hey," he repeated, his eyes not meeting mine for long.

"Do you want to come downstairs yet, or stay up here?" I asked him, patiently waiting for an answer, my fingers anxiously tapping against the wooden frame.

"Downstairs," he mumbled to me, running his hands through his hair. "I'm hungry," he added on with a slight chuckle, trying to break the tension.

I nodded and walked over to him, the awkwardness clear between the two of us as I showed too nervous to reach out to him. "Delilah, it's ok," Calum spoke up, his voice calming my nerves.

I paused to look up at him, breathing deeply before nodding once again, my hand wrapping around his torso and his arm slung around my shoulder. He relied on me for a lot of support, but I managed to hold up well enough to slowly make him down to the lounge room, helping him fall onto the couch -  exhausted from the small journey we had both just made.

"Uh, what do you want to eat?" I stuttered, scratching the back of my neck awkwardly. "I'm not really hungry," he answered, a frown etching onto my face. "Tough, because you need to eat," I spoke with a firm voice, a small smile meeting his lips which resulted in me shifting uncomfortably.

I didn't have any words to say so I simply turned on my heal and headed towards the kitchen ready to make him some breakfast. Truthfully, I didn't mind looking after him even though I knew he would disappear once he was able to take care of himself. I knew it wouldn't be long now before he left me, and I was trying to be ok with that.

It appeared I had been lost in thought, the beeping of the microwave bringing me back into reality. Still a little unsettled, I headed back into the lounge room and passed the food over to Calum, handing him the remote for the TV. He set the plate down beside him and focused his eyes on me, everything about him seeming to make me overwhelmed. Why couldn't he just eat his food and not have to pretend that he gave a damn about me?

"Delilah-"

"What?" I snapped, not letting him finish his sentence before my harsh tone interrupted him. He sighed, the sadness clear on his face. But why? Why was he sad?

"Delilah, what's wrong?" He asked, his voice almost drawing me in - tempting me to crumble again and to admit that I needed him.

'I don't know,' I felt like saying. 'Maybe it's the fact that I ruined your life and almost killed you. Maybe it's because I made you see how unworthy I am of love. Maybe it's because now I wish that I was the one in the accident so that maybe I wouldn't be here anymore.'

But I stayed silent.

"Delilah, please," he begged, eyes beginning to water with a few tears. "I lov-" but I didn't let him finish. I couldn't.

He shouldn't love me after what I've done.

-

Aye.

Not a new plot twists or anything (she's talking about causing the crash).

I know you want cute Dalum, but Delilah's not ok so you're not likely going to be seeing any.

(Sigh) 30 comments for an update? Can you manage that?

Love you.