3.2

{Calum}.

She stood there speechless, tears rolling down her cheeks as she listened to me. "I thought I was dying, too, ok? And all I could do was lie there and figure out how to wake up. I didn't know if I would ever see you again, Del. I said goodbye to you too."

She turned on her heal and ran up the stairs, no chance of me being able to stop her. "Delilah," I called out her name. "Delilah!" I tried again, but I knew she wasn't coming down. 

I collapsed onto the couch beneath me, my hands tugging at my hair in utter frustration and resentment. I was losing her. I could feel her drifting further away from me and there was nothing I could do to pull her back.

Her cries sounded from upstairs, echoing throughout the otherwise silent house. "Delilah," I mumbled out her name, hitting my head repetitively on the back of the couch. "Please come down," I whispered to myself, hoping that she would come back to me and not force herself through this alone.

It killed me to know that she was drinking again, especially given her addiction, but what really wounded me was that it was because of what happened to me. 

More than anything I wanted her to believe me when I told her I loved her. Something had made her believe otherwise and it was slowly tearing her apart, crumbling her to pieces before my very own eyes. After around 10 or so minutes, her cries came to a sudden end. The fact that she had stopped should have been a good thing, but an unwelcome feeling of panic grew in my chest and I couldn't fight the urge to ignore it.

I needed to get up there and see her, at least to make sure she hadn't done anything crazy, but the only thing standing between where I was and where I needed to be, and that was a daunting set of stairs. I was only just able to walk by myself - climbing up the stairs would never end well. But I had to do it.

I picked my aching body off the couch and limped over towards the bottom of the stairs, gripping onto the railing and staring wide-eyed at each individual step. 'You need to get to her.' My mind yelled at me, pushing me to take my first move, my knees already locking with an displeasurable pain. 

I continued on with my assent, each step causing more pain to stir inside of my broken and bruised body, but nothing would stop me from getting to her. Even when I lost my footing, falling forward onto the carpeted stairs, I picked myself up and continued to get her despite every one of my bones screaming out for me to stop.

I was near breathless and panting when I reached the bedroom door, opening up unsure what to expect. My heart sunk in my chest, a flood of relief washing through me as I stepped in to see Delilah lying soundly on my side of the bed with her back facing me. She was just asleep.

I quietly stumbled over to her, my body rejoying at the feeling of the soft mattress underneath me. I laid behind her, my hand snaking around her waist as I studied her features for a few moments. Heavy bags rested under her eyes and tears stained her cheeks. Her lips were red and plump and her faced looked so innocent and beautiful after just crying. I pulled her long dark hair out of her face and tucked it behind her ear, afterwards, pulling up the blankets over us both to keep us warm. 

"Calum?" She mumbled out, her body shifting to face me.

"Shh, go back to sleep." I whispered to her. She rested her had back down against the pillow and leaned into me, her lips trembling and soft whimpers leaving her parted lips every few seconds until she finally fell back asleep. "I've got you."

-

Aye, CUTE DALUM MOMENT.

I have to do a semester's work of PLP in 2 weeks because I wasn't at my school for the first two terms. This is going to be a challenge for me because I don't study...

On the plus side, I got a B, a C (and on PLP and PE which I can't be marked on because I've just had surgery, and I wasn't here for all the assignments) and the REST WERE A'S WOOOOOO.

Thank you for all the lovely comments on the last chapt. COMMENT YOUR FEELINGS.

70 COMMENTS FOR AN UPDATE - AND THE NEXT CHAPTER IS EITHER GOING TO BE BETTER OR WORSE FOR DALUM.

I luh ya cuties I luh ya luh ya luh ya cuties.