Chapter 1: Sage

A\N: Well here it is! Shorter than the original and with a different ending than the first chapter but I hope you all like it. I don't know how often I'll be updating this story since I have two others I'm working on and classes just started up again but I'll try to give it my best.

Oh! This chapter contains 'explicit details' so if you're not into all that and you want a clean version before you read it then I'm willing to post it up as such if any of you want me to.

▼o・ェ・o▼~WOOF

__________________________________________________________________________

I tried not to wince as I pulled at the horrid bags under my eyes. "What the hell have you done to yourself, you stupid idiot," I scolded at my reflection. Today was the first day of work and this was how I'm going to go in looking as? Like some zombie straight out of a horror movie?

Rubbing my neck, I sighed. I'm such an idiot. Grabbing my toothbrush I squeezed toothpaste on it, really how could I let this happen? "ARR-k-kkhofff." I heaved over the sink, trying to regain myself. Once I did, I glanced up into the mirror to see drool and toothpaste dripping down my chin.

"Urgh how lovely." Just what I needed, death by toothbrushing. Turning the faucet on I rinsed my mouth. "You just need to calm down Sage. The bags under your eyes aren't even that noticeable. Or the dark circles. And definitely not the pastiness of your skin. Or-Nope! You really need to start calming down, you don't have time for this. Come on deep breaths."

Once I took in a couple of deep breaths, I finished brushing my teeth without looking in the mirror. I didn't need another spiral trip down to Hell, alright more like self-pity, but still. I tossed the small towel at my hamper after drying my face as I walked back into my room.

Distracting myself, I racked my mind over what needed to be done this morning. I had breakfast. Which I hoped didn't make an appearance later in the day. Looking at the clothes I had picked out a few days after getting my new job, I pursed my lips. At least I didn't have to worry about spending hours on end on what to wear this morning. As for anything else I needed for work, I had that tucked away in my messenger bag.

Biting my thumb, I mulled over what was missing. I'm missing something but what? Let me think... My hands flew to my face. Ahh shit, my glasses. Now where the hell did I leave them? Throwing back my comforter and pillows, I dropped to the floor when they weren't on the bed.

I huffed, I can't believe this. I've been walking around this whole morning without my damn glasses. I stood and circled my bedroom a few times, knocking over piles of books and making the better half of my room even more of a mess. Kicking a pillow on the floor across my room, I glared daggers at it as it became nothing more than a smudge on the wall.

I always felt like kicking myself in the ass for having never liked wearing them when I was younger. Now when I did wear the damn thing, all I got were headaches. I should have just sucked it up, pulled my big boy pants up and gotten used to the blurred vision in contrast to the clearness my glasses gave. Cause at the end of the day it meant I walked around practically half blind, with no idea of where I last left them.

Picking up my bed comforter and pillows I tossed them on the bed when I noticed my bathrobe at the foot of my bed. The tub. Rushing over I stood at the door only to see nothing but a blurred vision of a dry tub, scattered fragrance bottles and some candles from last night's bath on and along the outside of my tub.

I turned around trudging over to my bed and flopping down on it, chewing on my forefinger. Argh what a horrible habit. When was the last time I even wore them? Sunday was movies and pizza night before I soaked in the tub. And I know the day before, I came home late and even though I needed sleep, I went straight to work. I only stopped to make coffee before going right back into looking over the reports and schedules the last bunch of assistants left without finishing.