Chapter 8: Blake

A\N:

The picture is of Zenith Harvey, my idea of Blake.

Finally wrote down Blake's POV. It's been a rough few weeks so this chapter isn't all that great. Spring semester finished only for Summer course to start up a week after. And because I signed up for Summer A, a six week class the professor dove right into the course work. Been busy reading Renaissance revenge tragedy and I had a seven page paper that I waited three days before it was even due to start. So thank you and much love for those who are reading this story despite my horrid updates ♡♡♡

=^● ⋏ ●^= ~MEOW

_____________________________________

Please keep that idiot from doing anything that could get him killed. I sent that quick prayer up to our ancestors after hanging up on James.

I shook my head. Those two were in an endless cycle of chase. They were utterly hopeless when it came to one another. Picking up my suit jacket I put it on and left my room.

Walking into the kitchen, my clan leader, and my sister were seated across each other on the Isle. My leaders mate, my aunt was cutting meat by the stove.

"Hey everyone," I greeted.

Audry looked up from her tablet with a smile.

"Blake!" Standing up, my sister wrapped her arms around me, hugging me tightly. "I haven't seen you in days."

I chuckled. "Yeah, well if you hadn't begged for me to attend today's meeting in your place I would have stayed away."

"I did? Maybe your sad, deprived brain exaggerated my words," she said turning back to her seat.

I rolled my eyes. As our future leader, she could be so childish.

"Sir," I said extending my hand. Returning the gesture, he went back to his breakfast and phone. 

Turning to greet my aunt, I took a step back at the glare down I was set with. She had one hand on her hip as the other pointed a knife at me.

"How's my gorgeous aunty doing today?"

She pursed her lips. "Worried sick wondering if you've been eating right," She replied. "When did you get back?"

"Late last night. I drove back right after Audry finished begging me to take her place at today's meeting."

"Lack of food can cause delusions!" My sister piped in.

"How is your diet?"

I sighed, rolling my head to the side. "I had Henry come over every other day to make my food," I said.

Sighing, she waved me away from her obviously still displeased with me. Going over to Audry, I sat next to her, plucking a piece of bacon from her plate.

"Weren't you supposed to be on a flight to Brazil?" I asked.

"It was pushed back to eleven tonight instead. Something about an engine check," Audry said with a shrug.

"Then why am I still going to this meeting for?"

"Because I don't want to go if you're already going," was her reply as she casually drank her coffee.

Typical of Audry, I wasn't even surprised.

"Where's Cai?" I asked instead.

"With Leo and Jae having a picnic," My leader replied putting his phone down. "How's everything going with your future potential mate?"