Chapter 4: James

A\N: Here it is once again, James POV and just like the first time it was weird writing in his perspective. I tried though and after rereading this chapter I'll defiantly be trying to write him in a more dominant persona, since I'm too lazy to change this or write out a whole other chapter. I've also changed the model I based James physical appearance of off.

Hope you like it :)

▼o・ェ・o▼ ~WOOF
______________________________________________________________________

I watched as the distraught beauty before me glared out the glass window wall fuming after what Tom had informed him of. I was both thankful yet apprehensive for Tom's quick thinking as he resolved the situation I had put myself in. I didn't know what I'd have to give him to keep this from Blake but I'd deal with that once this was over.

Watching Sage's tensed body turn to me, I stared at him in awe. I never thought someone fuming with anger could look so exquisite. I wanted nothing more then to shift and take him in my arms. A feeling I've had for months now, an annoying emotion I had yet to deal with.

After ranting off about not being responsible for me and stressing out a defiant no, Sage marched out of my office. I stretched as I felt the muscles in my body loosen as I shifted back to human form. I went over to my desk and dialed the front desk.

"Out of everything you could have come up with, you decide on that?" I questioned once Tom picked up and introduced his occupation.

"Tsk, tsk Mr. Amoux should you be using that tone with me?" he taunted.

Blowing out a frustrated sigh, I sat down. "He's on his way down. He seems adamant about not looking after me. Don't laugh you ass," I snapped, "you put me in this situation...ok, ok I did I admit, but you could have just said I would be back."

"Kuff, you've been nothing but annoying for the past few months. Blake isn't around often so he doesn't have to put up with you as much as I do, so shut up and be grateful. Take advantage of the situation, you've been talking about this man, spurting shit. So take this time to figure out what you want from him. Look he's here, I'll make sure he doesn't go home without you so just deal with the situation you were stupid enough to place yourself in."

When the connection was cut, I turned in my chair and glared out the window. He made it sound so damn easy. It's been months since I got a trace of that alluring scent that belonged solely to the man I had conflicting thoughts towards. He was everything anyone could want, he was stunning and brilliant in everything he did. Yet he had one flaw. Well my one flaw.

I didn't have an issue with same sex couples, our clan embraced it with open arms for many reasons after all. And I would never deny an individual's even if they were male, alluring appeal. Still I never considered myself into that category. I was absolutely fine just having partners until the time came for my parents to announce they found me someone and his scent wasn't going to mess with that.

Leaning back I groaned. "Why the hell couldn't I just forget him?" I glared at the ceiling knowing the answer. I wanted him close to me. After the first month of ignoring the need to hunt down the owner of the scent I couldn't forget, I did everything I could to find it once I snapped. Finding out it belonged to a man was shocking but the most frustrating part was how fast I overlooked it. I didn't want a male partner. If he turned out to be a sub. No, I shook my head. Not going there.

And of course after being overwhelmed with his scent I couldn't ignore him any longer. I found the scent that had tormented me for so long and I just couldn't let go of it. What I wanted to do now that I had him at arm's length was the question I didn't want answers to.

"Arrghh this isn't like me."

I started to pace my office, questions circling in my head. All needing answers that weren't going to get any if I went along with Tom's plan. Turning my head towards the door, I gritted my teeth as my nerves took a nose dive and I shifted once again without thinking at the sound of my tormentor approaching my office.