Chapter 13: Kyle

I'm thinking of changing the name of the book to LIAC...I'm not sure yet though.

I'm trying my best to write, but life has me by the fucking throat, and I'm barely managing. I really hate how everything can seem like its all working out and then out of nowhere, like a damn truck, it can all just turn into a complete mess. I'm managing though, getting through a chapter and finishing it no matter how shitty it is, is proof lol sorry though :|

Anyway, let me know what ya'll think about the story so far. Chapters are coming within the next couple of days. (This time I really am getting these chapters done). I really want to finish this story so that I can start the next one. 

=^● ⋏ ●^= ~MEOW

______________________________________________________

It'd been hours, and I couldn't stop replaying how I acted in front of Blake. You'd think I'd learn by now how to avoid people or at least know how not to make a complete idiot of myself. But nope. I was a total mess, incapable of saying even one word to him.

I dragged a hand down my face. Arghhh. Why did he have to be so handsome? I tilted my hand just a bit, so the brush dragged across the canvas. He seemed lost in thought, so maybe he didn't see my reaction?

Ha, wouldn't that be too good to be true?

Hades silently trotted behind the easel to try to get my attention for the third time in an hour. I chuckled. "Ok. Ok. You win." Placing my brush down and crouching down was Hade's cue for him to come closer. "Alright, alright enough of that," I laughed pushing his face away from my ear.

I looked down at him and shook my head when he grinned up at me. Walking out of the room Sage cleared out for me, I entered the kitchen and noticed that Hade's water bowl was empty.

I was filling the bowl when Sage and James walked into the apartment. Sage reached the kitchen first, greeted, and he kissed me on the cheek before he went to the fridge. I smiled at James and gave him a small wave. There wasn't as much tension between us as there was in the beginning just a tad of awkwardness we were working through.

"You ate the whole pan," Sage stated in disbelief, holding the clean pan I washed a few hours ago.

James laughed. "What don't you eat?"

I pouted looking at Sage. "If there's food imma eat it. There's nothing wrong with that."

"Ok true," Sage pointed out, "but you need to take care of what food you eat and how much you put in your body." Sage shook his head and started moving around the kitchen, and that was our cue to leave him alone while he made dinner.

"Wanna watch a movie?" I asked James looking behind him.

"Sure, what are we watching this time?"

I sat down on one end of the sofa, James on the other side with Hades settled between us. I heard him chuckle when the title came up. I shrugged. "I promised I'd educate you and that's what I'm doing," I mumbled.

"Smart ass," he muttered. I hid my smile in the pillow I had clutched to my chest.

Baby steps.

The movie ended just in time for dinner. While I gathered the plates, James asked if we had to watch the other ones.

"No. The other ones suck. W-why? You didn't l-lil-like it?" 

I've started to take steady breaths before I talked. To control my stuttering when I talked to people I wasn't entirely comfortable with.