Chapter 7: James

A\N: Sorry for the late update. Aside from my horrid laziness, writing in James POV was hard, and classes were a nightmare. Too many assignments and Finals, well yeah... ( ͒˃̩̩⌂˂̩̩ ͒) I'm a procrastinator, so I did try to write this when I had some essays and a research paper assigned but every time I did I got nowhere. I got this done, though. I tried to write James with a more dominant persona, but I think as the story progresses it'll show more. At least that's the conclusion (excuse) I came up with to make myself feel better (。_。) Hope you all like it though ♡♡

▼o・ェ・o▼ ~WOOF
_________________________________

"You need to stop this because I'm tired of waking up at the crack of dawn just to pick you up," Tom grumbled as he shifted the car into drive and drove out of Sage's apartment garage.

I rolled my eyes as if he was the only one having a horrid morning. Shifting back into my human form, I smoothed out my clothes as I stretched my legs.

"Spear me the pity party, Tom. Besides if you glue yourself to Audry as often as you have been lately, Blake is going to find out before you get the chance to tell him that you're sleeping with his sister. So really I don't see what you're mad at me about, I'm helping you."

I rolled my eyes at how tensed he got.

"I don't see what you're so tense about. Blake is going to be happy that his sister found someone of her own choosing than having some arranged engagement."

Tom sighed. "I know, we know. But we also feel like we lost our timing to tell him about us. Especially after he propositioned himself as a potential mate in Audry's place to one of Emerson's subs without knowing that Audry and I were together."

I thought to the few months after Blake agreed to an engagement with Lucy. I didn't know who, no one did, but it was clear that Blake had found someone shortly after propositioning himself. I could see why Tom and Audry were hesitated about informing Blake about their relationship after what he did for his sister. I also understood that it was dangerous for anyone to know that Audry, our soon to be clan leader had a mate before she took her position but they should have told him. I shook my head at the mess they created. If Lucy weren't a sub from one of the few most prevailing Shifter Clans in the Mystic world, it would have been easier for Blake to back out from the possibility of being her mate.

"Tell him, Tom. Better now than later. He'll still be happy for you and Audry, you both know that. Whatever happens between us and the Aster clan, we'll figure it out," I said looking out the window. "Besides Emerson and his clan might be powerful but we'll get there ourselves if he decides not to ally with us."

He laughed. "So confident coming from someone who can't even ask their secretary out for a simple lunch."

I gritted my teeth. "Why don't you shut it and drive!"

If he knew I was turned down yesterday, I'd never hear the end of it.

I was resting in my office with my feet on my deck, after going to the condominium we owned in the city for a change of clothes. My phone was on speaker with Blake on the other end.

"Enough already. I get it, my bad. I'll apologize the next time I see him," Blake said after giving him an ear full for what he said to Sage yesterday.

I stared at the ceiling completely miserable. After Blake left my office yesterday, Sage had come in right after. But before he had I had shifted into my wolf form without a second thought. He hadn't been pleased with me when I didn't come back from lunch and had been confused as to why Blake had been in my office. After checking with Tom, the story was that Blake had dropped off my 'pet' for me so that Sage could look after him because I had pressing issues to attend to.