Chapter 12: Blake

A\N: I found it hard but I really wanted to write in Blake's POV. The chapter isn't all that great, but hopefully you all like something about it lol I'm just going to move on from this chapter and try to start the next one.

The picture is of Lee Soo Hyuk as Kyle :)

=^● ⋏ ●^= ~MEOW

___________________________________________________________

The rhythm of my fingers tapping on the desk was the only thing I could focus on while Paige went over a case she wanted me to work pro bono. I leaned back in my chair, mentally exhausted. It'd been a few days since I discovered that my skittish love was involved with Sage and my mind hadn't been able to stop thinking what that meant.

I glanced down at the desk to see small scratches marking the surface. I clenched my hands shut. Great. Do humans normally room together after just a few weeks of knowing each other? I didn't even want to get started on how James somehow managed to work things out with Sage. I don't know what had changed Sage's mind, but James was spending all his time at their apartment whenever he was done with work. The lucky bastard hated how he had to 'share' Sage, but he was earnestly trying to get along with Kyle for the sake of his relationship. Where their relationship stood, I had no clue, my main focus was on the strong bond Kyle, and Sage seemed to share.

And because of it, I had done nothing but constantly over think about how Kyle was off developing intimate relationships with everyone but me. Here I was keeping myself from getting to know Kyle for the sake of my clan while he was off having afternoon sex with James' secretary.

And all for what? Some materialistic little sub who couldn't look past my bank account? I may have given my sister a way out from having to mate herself to someone she didn't love, but it didn't mean I didn't regret it. At the time I just hadn't given it much thought. After years of dating and hooking up with men and women left and right, and then being completely uninterested in anyone I just wanted to settle done; especially before I was forced into it. I wanted the choice of who I'd spend the rest of my life with to be mine.

Even with the arrangements of the alliance set, it was only going be official once and if both parties agreed. It was just that I couldn't simply back out and say I was no longer interested. Getting on good terms with the Aster Clan was already hard enough as it was, setting an alliance was a whole other matter of difficulty. That meant I had to find a damn ass good reason why I didn't want Lucy as a mate, so as to still be on good terms with the Aster Clan and not upset my Clan leader.

Haaa. Never in my wildest imagination would I have thought I'd meet my Fated though. Maybe my sister wouldn't mind an engagement after all. No, she had seemed so worried about the whole thing, there had to be someone she was seeing. It was why I offered to take her place, though now I wish I hadn't. Things had moved fast, the details of the contract were finalized just after meeting Lucy. And with my sister's busy schedule we hadn't had an opportunity to sit down and talk one on one about the engagement and alliance.

I rubbed my temples. My head was starting to hurt again. I blinked up at Paige with a sheepish grin when she slammed the files on my desk.

"Am I boring you?" She asked crossing her arms.

I chuckled. "Of course not," I said, picking up the first folder. "Sorry, there's just a lot on my mind."

"If this is about Lucy, I've told you already, Emerson will understand that you have no interest in her. Besides our leader can't be mad at you, since James and Sage are Fated."

But when would there be another chance to ally ourselves with such a powerful clan if things didn't work out between them. I sighed, this was my problem to solve. "You know I can't do that Paige. We don't know how things are with James and Sage; it's a sensitive topic considering Sage's background."