Chapter 11: James

A\N:
Picture is of Sage

There's not much to this chapter but it's a chapter at least (́>_<') Hope y'all like it!

Oh! This chapter contains 'explicit details' so if you're not into all that and you want a clean version before you read it then I'm willing to post it up as such if any of you want me to. (There isn't much 'explicit details' in my opinion lol)

▼o・ェ・o▼ ~WOOF

"James, I've told you, you're just blind to anything that involves you and Sage. And especially when it comes to Mates and Fated or anything related to pairs. So again, no I wasn't surprised to hear that Sage is your Fated," Tom finished saying. I glared at the phone, debating over throwing it at the wall or not. Sighing I just pulled out the file Blake had given me this morning and started on it. I had come in earlier then usual so that I'd be able to welcome Sage when or if he came in for work today.

Everyone was taking the matter of Sage being my Fated so easily. Even Emerson was on board on the whole thing. The only one that seemed to share my worries was Sage's father. The lifelong servant of the Aster clan. They were well known among the Mystic World. Their servitude towards the only few shifters in the world descendant of our King.

From what I know, only one individual served the clan and specifically their leader. That is until the next leader is chosen, and even though the identity of the next Tivnan servant isn't exactly kept a secret, they aren't exactly involved in the public eye. Rumors do spread, though, and it is well known that Emerson adores Nathan's son far above his own.

I couldn't help smiling at the thought of my accomplished secretary. He had been adamant and to be honest a tad arrogant when he told me he wouldn't need any assistant if I planned to hire him. I let him have his way, assuming he'd come around when the workload became too much, but the way he ran things proved me wrong.

It was more than obvious when he dealt with employees who were defiant that it wasn't his first or third time dealing with incompetent individuals. Nor was it the first time he dealt with a boss who left without notice or wouldn't even inform him that they wouldn't be in for the day. In my case a whole week. He was exceptional when it came to his work. He documented numerous amount of proposals, files, memos, set appointments, and if I wasn't here which we talked about when I hired him, he was to deal with conferences I couldn't make or deal with employees in the best way he saw fit. He did so much that I was starting to worry about his health.

Having seen his resume, cover letter and recommendations, it hadn't made sense why he wasn't off running his own company. When I found out who his father was, it all clicked. He was busy learning everything there was to running a well-tuned engine per se. Seeing as at one point he was going to be the right hand to the future leader of the Aster Clan. There had been so many questions I wanted answers to when I found out about his family and now more than ever I needed them. Mainly why he was kept in the dark about my kind.

"You don't understand. I'm not trying to be stubborn. You know what the Tivnan's are. Have you ever heard of any of them having a mate? Let alone a Fated?" I questioned Tom.

He sighed. "Yeah, I know, and Audry won't stop worrying about it. But she's hoping there's a loophole. That the oath can't keep you both apart, plus she's hoping this union can also free Blake from being engaged to Lucy. Either way, I know it's not that easy. That rule that the Tivnan's can't have mates was put there for a reason, and an oath like that can't be ignored just because he's your Fated. You won't be the one getting hurt, but still, I know I don't need to tell you to be careful." There was a pause as Tom spoke to someone. "Something came up, we'll continue this later?"