Chapter 2: Kyle

A\N: This was harder to write then I thought it would be, but here it is. Kyle's POV! Eeppp! Can't wait to write the rest of his story out. Its been rattling in my head for to damn long lol.

=^● ⋏ ●^= ~MEOW

_______________________________________________________________________

I was coming out of the break room, when I heard the elevator ding. Freezing mid-step, I backed up and slightly poked my head around the corner to peak at whoever else had come in so early. No one really came in around this time unless they had work they hadn't finished the previous night. Or like me, hated being in crowded spaces, and living in New York I took any chance to avoid that, even if it meant waking up before the crack of dawn.

One glance at the tall beautiful man stepping off the private elevator was like seeing a model walk down the runway. He was stunning, you could tell he was a bit tired but that didn't take away from how beautiful he was. My eyes searched his body for an ID badge and when I spotted it my fingers tighten around the mug in my hands. The new secretary to the CEO. It was as clear as day, with how bright the color of his badge shone.

And by the looks of things, he was down here for a reason. Mmm it'd be best not to get in his way. Taking a few steps back I did an about-face and fast walked into the restroom at the end of the hall. Taking a big breath, I locked the door before hoisting myself onto the smooth marble sink. Bringing my mug to my lips, I blew on it before taking a sip.

Man that was scary.

I felt my cheeks flare up as I swung the teabag around. The new secretary was really stunning though. I wonder if he's the type of man Blake would be into if he was into men. Mmm yeah, most likely. I mean I am and I sure as hell would ask him out if I had the guts to go after such a beautiful person. Which I sure as hell don't, but still.

Heh even if I did, there's no way he'd go for someone like me. Shifting, I rested my back on the wall, tilting my head I looked at my reflection. I wasn't ugly by any means, but that gorgeous piece of a specimen was way out of my league. I sighed. That only meant that Blake was someone I could only have in my fantasies.

I placed my mug down before I wrapped my arms around my legs. Laying my head on my knees, I sighed. I wish I could stay in here all day or better yet be back at home under my blankets cuddling with Hades. Scrolling through my feed, I groaned when the sound of reality echoed through the restroom door.

Hopping off the sink, I locked my phone and slid it into my pocket. Fixing my clothes and picking up my mug I braced myself. With a calming breath, I faced the door and unlocked it making sure I didn't look odd as I peeked outside first. There weren't that many staff but it was clear that I had been in here for too long. Great.

Once I made sure no one was looking, I walked out as nonchalant as I could muster and back to the main room. Making a beeline for my cubicle I planted my butt on my seat without bringing any attention to myself. Today seemed like it was going to be eventful with the new secretary in the building. I just hoped I wasn't apart of it. And as long as my co-workers behaved themselves and didn't assume that the new assistants were anything like the old bunch then maybe today would go without a hitch.

Ahhh...well I hoped. Putting my headphones on, I tapped shuffle on my playlist and got back to my part of the design and planning of my team for the new advertisement project we were assigned. Once I got the colors to match what I thought would work best for the design, I moved onto the background.

Hmmm maybe this one? Noooo it clashed just a tad. Hmm this one? But black is overly used with these colors...Oh! Oh! This one?

Clicking on the lighter color I tilted my head to the side. Nah. Opening a few tabs I looked through all the designs I'd manage to create and rearranged them to fit on all three screens. Though they were all alright in their own way to say the least, I just knew I could do better.

Maybe combining some of these will work for me? Mmm doubt it, but what else could I do? I needed to present something to the chief, or else Natalie would never let me hear the end of it. Glancing at the file next to the mouse I mentally groaned.

I was confident that the proposal was up to standard but that was only in grammar. As far as it came to selling it was useless. It wasn't even my job in the first place until Natalie shoved her work onto me.

I couldn't even grasp how such a bimbo got hired in this company until I laid eyes on Michael Press. The man was as disgusting and slutty as they came. He had no problems showing how others could easily get promotions, or such through the position he held. And as harsh and wrong as it sounded I had been glad the man was as straight as they came and didn't turn his beady eyes towards me.

I felt bad for the women but I heard Tom, head security of the building had made it clear if he saw or heard anything on him harassing anyone he would be dealt with. I wouldn't say it didn't work but some people like Natalie went along with Michaels disgusting behavior. But ever since the president and vice president got booted Michael has been on edge and overworking everyone unnecessarily. Not wanting his only meal ticket of a job to be taken from him. And of course Natalie one of his bitches was going to make sure her own meal ticket appeared like the company needed him. Honestly how dumb could they both be? They were both so easily replaceable, it was laughable.

Though I still didn't understand how she couldn't clean the dirt from her ears after all the money the dirtbag has been throwing at her. For her to understand that I didn't have the knowledge to write up a proposal for the upcoming campaign. I barely got this job, and I only did because I had a mutual friend at the time who knew the previous chief of this department. So if she wanted to stay safe within her pampered unrealistic reality, then she really should stop being a stubborn bitch and get someone else to do it.

I groaned, that was never going to happen. Looking at the screen I knew where my talents laid and I had tried learning on my own about marketing and such but it was in vain. I only even tried to learn because Natalie was crazy and she scared the living shit out of me. I can't stand being yelled at and having everyone look at me as she screamed at me about everything I had done wrong just ruined my emotions for days.

God, working in this company was soul draining, I just hoped now that the CEO was stationing himself here that things would finally calm down before he appointed a new president and vice president. I just hoped that this time around they didn't almost succeed in bankruptcy the company like the last ones almost did.

That in itself came to a shock to everyone. Micheal and Natalie might be scumbags, but the same thing could never be said about Mr. Perez and Ms. Teach. They always seemed to do things that brought in profit to the company. But then I guess that was so that they could steal as much money as they could.

Locking my PC, I grabbed my mug and a fresh tea bag and walked back to the break room. Filling my mug with hot water from the water dispenser, I jumped wincing at the sensation spreading through my hand. Going over to the sink, I ran my hand under cold water trying my best not to bring any attention to myself.

I rolled my eyes as I heard the employees who had startled me complain about the new secretary. If you just did your job instead of piling it up on someone else then you wouldn't have anything to complain about. Folding a couple of paper towels, I soaked them before gently wrapping it around my hand. Picking up my mug, I went back to my cubicle.

Damn, it was getting really pink. Oh what did it even matter, it wasn't like I drew anymore. I flexed my fingers and winced. As long as it didn't hinder my work, then it didn't matter. Putting the wet cold paper towel back on my hand I got back to work. That part of my life ended a long time ago and right now getting this design done for that horrendous gold digger was more important than reminiscing about useless things that I would never go back to.

~Unedited~