Chapter 16: Blake

A\N: "The plots of movies conveniently broken down into clever pictograms."

You can find the picture on Pinterest: Matteo Civaschi (If I'm wrong about who this belongs to lmk)

This chapter is meh. I'm not really good at writing different pov's. So I'm hoping all these perspective aren't blending together as much as I think they are :\

=^● ⋏ ●^= MEOW

__________________________________________________

"Just go to him before I throw you out," Sage muttered.

I didn't have to be told twice. Besides I could tell, James was piecing together my recent behavior with why I was so concerned with a man I had no connection with. I could already hear my family rebuking me for not telling them about Kyle. Audry was going to be the worst to deal with since it was for her sake that I agreed to a possible engagement with Lucy. Though, I doubted my uncle would disapprove of my actions.

My loyalty and love for my family and clan were strong. But with each passing day, I grew more on edge not having Kyle in my life. All I could think of was how better our lives could be with each other in it. I wasn't sure how much he thought of me but if he thought of me just a tad I had a chance. The only thing that gave me hope was that I knew he was aware of me, though I wasn't entirely sure if it was in a good or bad way.

Maybe one day, I could properly explain to him why I had let so much time pass between us.

But first I needed for him to give me a chance.

I hesitated a the door. My plan, if it could even be called that, was too get Kyle to be more comfortable with me around. That meant being around him more often whether it was through James and Sage or work. I wanted Kyle to be more at ease with having me around. Maybe he would feel like he could ask and talk to me about random things.

His smiles and laughter though it was never directed at me filled my head. My smile fell when it was replaced by the image of him on the floor just minutes ago.

When James called to explain why he wouldn't be able to meet up at the main house for dinner, I demanded to know where he was. To know what my skittish love had been going through nearly threw me into a blind rage. My aunt and cousins had been completely taken aback and had no idea what to do as I dashed out of the house. When I got here, I wasn't surprised by Sage's negative response to my appearance. Though I didn't like the reason, it helped that the bastard involved with Kyle was also involved with the company. It was what kept Sage from reasoning that I had no right to be involved.

James had only told me who Derrick was to Kyle and that as an ex-boyfriend things between them had not ended well. And that someone was now using Kyle as a way to get to the company. We didn't see the connection, but someone did. I didn't understand how, but my mind was too occupied to think about anything aside from Kyle. The way, Kyle looked at the picture of that bastard, the way he tried to hold himself together I understood that it went deeper then what James let on.

I knocked on the door and waited for a response. Knocking again, I turned the knob to find that it wasn't locked.

"Kyle? It's Blake. Can I come in?"

There was a sort of gasp than a cluttering noise before a loud groan. Worried, I rushed in to find that Kyle had fallen from his bed on top of some art supplies. He seemed to glow red as I helped him off the floor and back onto his bed.

"I knocked," I said.

"I-I d-di-didn't hear," Kyle stuttered out.

Seeing as there wasn't much space to seat anywhere, I moved a pile of sketchbooks to the side and settled for the floor. I didn't want to make him uncomfortable by being on the bed with him. Resting my elbow on the bed, I looked up at him.