Chapter 5: Kyle

A\N: Finally got this chapter done and soon the next one will be up later today. Not much to it just slowly introducing you to the characters. Pic is of model Flavio Sergio who I based Tom's appearance off of. I'm not sure when the story will pick up but hope you all like it so far ♡✧♡✧
=^● ⋏ ●^= ~MEOW
____________________________________________

I looked at the file in my hands, my nervous eating at me about what I was trying to talk myself into. Argh. All I had to do was pull my big boy pants up. Yup nothing hard about that... argh what a lie. I had to do this. After what happened Wednesday I knew that if I didn't go and see him, Sage would come down and drag me into an empty office again and lecture my ears off.

All I had to do was get up, go over to the elevator and up to the CEO's office floor to turn in my work like I had been doing for the past few days. And this time all I had to do was ask Mr. Tivnan out to lunch. Yup easy. I was going to do it. I had gone to sleep with determination and I wasn't going to back down. The only thing that was stopping me was the little voice at the back of my head telling me to back out now before I got disappointed and humiliated and belittled and argh you need to calm down Kyle. Sage isn't like that.

I didn't know what it was about the man. Maybe that he didn't take shit from anyone and put everyone that has been slacking since before the disaster the former president and vice president created, in their place. Maybe it was because no matter how much I stared at him, he looked more beautiful by the second. Or maybe it was simply because instead of getting annoyed with my lack of response, he was annoyed that I let others trample over me because I at times thought that I was beneath them.

To say that I was surprised that someone got angry for me was an understatement. After going off about having to be more professional and lecturing me about the importance of doing my own work instead of others, he made me talk about myself. And when I say made me, I mean he glared me down in silence until I broke. And I don't know what it is about a gorgeous specimen looking at you all mad that makes you spill your problem but damn it if I didn't complain about my coworkers and my introvert issues.

After taking a deep breath I had peeked up at him from my lashes, expecting to see pity and to be told how pathetic I was but nope, I got none of that. Instead I was met with fury. If I had thought he was angry before then I was a naive little boy who didn't know better because his anger after hearing me out was like seeing a fire start in his eyes.

I didn't know what to say and two days later I still didn't. All I did know was that he was someone I felt I needed in my life. It was this inexplicable emotion after exchanging one weird conversation, if you can call him lecturing me even that, that even motivated me to even ask him out to lunch. Just as he had seen a glimpse into my persona, I wanted to do the same. Maybe because aside from Hades and a handful of people, Sage had been someone who had shown me any kindness in a long time.

Ok, that's it, I'm going. Standing up with my file in hand I took a deep breath. After finally managing to press the top floor button on the elevator I couldn't help the giant grin that spread across my face. I was doing this. I was really doing this. A part of me was wondering if he would be proud of me. Another part was yelling at me that it was all a lie. That that moment of kindness was a façade, an act. It was just your irrational side getting the best of you, Kyle. Breathe and pull your big boy pants up.

Straightening my back and squaring my shoulders I walked down the hall, my nerves slowly making me slouch as I got closer to him. Poking just my head around the corner I saw Sage tying away at his desk. Shit, he didn't look happy. And how the hell does someone who looks like he's contemplating murder look so...so pretty. Pffft more like gorgeous actually. Taking a deep breath I took a step into the room and walked over to him. Looking up at me, I gulped before holding out the file I was to bring to him to check.