Water Slide

When I was 11, I went to a water park with my family. We had a really good time, and I remember it being the highlight of my month.

I remember this one ride very well. It was pitch black, so dark you couldn't even see your hand in front of your face. Then, you could see a point where you thought the slide was over, and you were safe. But nope, the lights were fake, and you still had more to go, still not knowing where the hell you were going.

At this point, you might be thinking, "okay, Anna. You've completly lost it. Psh, writing about water slides and calling it poetry."

At this point, I would say "SCREW YOU BILLY!!!!!" (if you got that reference, we can be friends.)

My point is...life is like that water slide. You go in, not knowing what to expect. Not knowing who you are gonna be. You go in, innocent.

You realize, the world is dark. The world is confusing.

But then you see the light. You find things that make you happy. You find things you love.

Darling, I'll be honest. The light is fake. Things you enjoy now, they won't matter. In the long run, most of it is fake.

You continue in the darkness until the ride is over. When you find the true light, darling, it's too late.