The Dragon Falls

"Hey Linc, can you do me a favor and grab that book for me?" I asked as I crouched over, putting identical algebra books into boxes at the request of the math teacher. Linc had been getting them from the higher shelves and looked at where I pointed before stretching to reach it.

"Why do we have to do this?" She muttered as she stepped halfway down the latter attached to the shelf to hand me the book. I grabbed the book and moved back over to the second box I had begun to fill within the lunch period.

"Geez, it's your fault and you don't even bother remembering?" I stated annoyed. She pouted and climbed the latter to another location of a book. "Sleeping in class because you claimed to be tired-"

"I was tired!" She retorted quickly. I sighed.

"It was even you who made us late, not wanting to wake up..."

She shifted a bit, almost as if she was uncomfortable. After the carnival and the event at the Ferris wheel when I granted her wish, two weeks had passed. We built trust, and I began to trust Linc even with my life; and I knew she did the same with me. Linc never revealed to me who her ally was that continued to supply us money for our finances, but I decided to take her word for it and trust that she could handle the situation. Seeing her shift uncomfortably, I looked at her, my interest piqued. There were more moments like these now. When she didn't even act angry, but bashful instead.

It was the most cutest thing I've ever seen.

"It was comfortable. Having another warm body to sleep next to was... nice." She admitted. I looked up at her face and couldn't see her expression from the angle I was at. However, there was something just as nice as her face that I noticed from below the latter. Furiously blushing, I averted my eyes from her laced black underwear. "Whoever designed this concept of waking up early can be eaten." She quickly changed the topic. She grabbed a book irritated and I looked down, fitting the book with the others.

"Eaten, huh?" I repeated. Then time froze.

The book from above fell first. I turned behind me to see what had happened; the sudden thudding of the book against the carpeted floor had thrown me off. The shaking of the latter came second. I looked up and saw Linc's knuckles become white as she tightly gripped the latter, then release.

Her falling body came third.

"Linc!" I yelled. I rushed towards her, swoopeing underneath her. I grabbed her in a hug and fell behind her, cushioning her fall. "Ow..." I groaned after I banged my head on the floor. Shutting my right eye closed, I brought my neck up to look at Linc. Her long blonde hair covered her face, but I could tell what was going on.

She violently shivered and gripped my black V-shirt in balled fist as she laid on my body. "I'm sorry..." She muttered in broken sentences. "I'm so sorry... please, forgive me..."

Again. She's remembered something painful again.

It's been this way for the past two weeks. I'd remember the same horrific scene of being stabbed, and it'd play over and over in my head like a song; driving me insane. I fell as if I'm there again, only seeing the scene that unfolds in my mind. When I come to, I'd find myself huddled in a corner while Linc embraced me. But lately, her past has been coming back to her hard and fast as well. She says that even seconds are agonizing, and it pained me to think that we were going through the same hurtful process.