Inside God Mode

Dark. Pain. It hurts. It won't stop.

Why does my heart feel so heavy?

Suddenly, I hear the familiar whistling go by my ear. I whip around in the direction it's leading me to and see a dim light. It was Linc. Her body curled, she was embraced in vines with monstrous thorns that had by then, gone through her body. The dim light was coming from her chest and was almost gone, but I could understand why. Most of the thorns went into parts of her naked body and came out through others. It must have been extremely painful. I felt myself become carried towards her, and I felt the pain in my chest intensify. Just being near her was overwhelming me with a sense of agony.

She... she's been harboring this much pain?

When I became close enough to touch Linc, something happened. I began to feel myself slip away. It was then that I realized my time here was over.

I was overstaying my welcome here.

I had finally loacted the bug and found it by entering the enormous dragon. The bug was the vines chaining Linc down.

But simply finding it wasn't enough. Linc was already in too deep. She was still in so much pain. Me leaving now wouldn't change anything about it.

I have to save her. I have to!

I hugged Linc's body as if my life depended on it. The vines shifted slightly as they acknowledged a new presence.

Then, she awoke.

"Hero...? What are you... wait, get off me! The vines-"

"I don't care." I said, gripping her tightly. My soul was being torn away and I didn't want to leave Linc all alone here. If she stayed, I knew from the bottom of my heart that she would eventually die. And the idea alone was enough to make me hold on with all I had.

"Hero, you're going to die with me." Linc cried. I looked up at her to see her beautiful tears roll off her cheeks and onto my face. But still, I increased my hold on her, and the vines became intertwined around my body. "Hero, please, let go. Please." She comtinued to cry and her voice cracked. "I'm begging you! Don't let me bring you down with me!"

"We're a team, remember?" I sniffled as I buried my head into her chest. I flinched when I felt the vine go into my calf and out through my thigh. The bug was going to kill me too.

But I didn't care. As long as I was with Linc.

"You idiot." Linc cried, dropping her head into my chest. I shook my head and I felt our Dragon Tattoo's begin glow.

"I believe in us Linc. That's why if you go down, I'll go down with you. I'll never leave your side Linc. I'll always be with you. Now," I felt a bright light begin at my back and immerse us as I finished my vow.

"and forever."