Novel of a Vampire 10

Another chapter?! Imagine that, I hope you lovelies enjoy this!

---------------
Ch. X -Heartfilia Secret-
---------------

I woke up some time later, I slowly opened my eyes to see nothing but white emptiness. I felt like panicking but my mind and vision were still too hazy to process anything but the ceiling. I stared at it, my eyes only half open.

I dimly heard something or someone moving around me but I didn't have the energy to look. Soon my mind cleared up enough for me to be able to think and I looked around to see my parents sitting on some chairs.

They were both asleep, my mothers head resting on my fathers shoulder. I felt relieved, knowing they were perfectly fine. Suddenly memories of Juvia came rushing back to me and my eyes widened, my hand flying up to my neck.

I felt two little marks, too far away to be one mark and too close to be unrelated. I closed my eyes, my hand resting on my neck. I felt fine, I thought that after being bit by a vampire it would result in me being a vampire or I would be dead.

But no, I felt fine, never better in fact. I sat up slowly, not planning to push myself just yet. I looked around, recognising the room as a hospital room. I didn't know what happened after I blacked out, I mentally made a note to ask my parents, all I remembered was Juvia staring down at me terrified.

She looked like she was staring at a dead friend or family member. That made sense at least, she probably thought she killed me but here I was, fine as ever. I looked down at myself and saw some marks on my arms, reminders of how I fell on concrete.

They didn't hurt either, not even the one on my elbow that was bleeding. No pain at all. I would've been relieved if I wasn't so freaked out by it. I stopped thinking about everything for a moment, I don't have all the pieces yet, I just need to ask my parents what happened.

After a few minutes of laying, staring at the ceiling I heard some movement and turned to see my parents waking up. My mother saw me first and immediately got up and hugged me tight, spouting nonsense about how she was so glad I was okay.

I hugged her back, waiting for the right moment to ask them. My father watched for a moment then got up and hugged me as well. After they leaned back I hesitated, having second thoughts about asking them.

Finding some random courage I looked up at them seriously and curiously "Mum, dad, what happened after I fainted?" They looked at each other then my mother began to explain "Well, according to your friend, Juvia, she said you fainted and she called us using the school network."

My father spoke up "She didn't mention why you fainted." I could tell they were lying. I didn't know how but I knew that they knew what Juvia was and what she did to me, they were testing me to see if I knew for sure.

I blinked a couple times, wondering how I suddenly knew all of that but decided to trust it and said "Mum, dad, I know Juvia's a vampire."

They seemed taken aback but then became relieved "Sorry, sweetie," my mum said "we just weren't sure if you knew what she did to you." I waited a few moments before asking "Why...why do I not feel anything? Nothing hurts, not my neck or my arms or legs."

They looked at each other again then my mother leaned in and whispered "We think what Juvia did triggered your own change." She stopped and I frowned "What does that mean?" My father hesitated then said "We'll explain when we get home, we can't risk telling you here."

I nodded and they left, probably going to get me checked out of the hospital. I looked around, trying to entertain myself but, finding nothing, decided to just sit and wait.

• • •

When we got home I sat on the couch while my parents sat opposite of me. I didn't rush them as I waited for them to tell me what was going on. After a few minutes of them looking at each other and avoiding my gaze my mother looked at me, straight in the eye.

"Lucy, sweetie, the Heartfilia family has a big secret, much like the Lockser's and the Dragneel's do. Lockser sounded familiar but not as much as Dragneel did. I leaned forward, ten times more interested, what did the Natsu Dragneel himself have to do with this?

My mother gulped then spoke again "You're probably wondering how they're related. As I believe you know, the Dragneel family and the Lockser family are full of vampires, both being "pureblood"."

She paused and let my father take over; I shifted my gaze to him "Pureblood, for vampires at least, means that everyone in your family is a vampire, save a few people. A pureblood vampire starts to become a true vampire about the same time human puberty starts."

I nodded, beginning to think that I knew what was coming next. My mother started again "That's why Juvia and Natsu are vampires, sweetie, and is also why you felt no pain." I frowned, becoming confused but not saying anything.

My father stood up and said seriously "Lucy, the Heartfilia's are vampires, though not full pureblood. That's why you felt no pain, you're becoming a vampire now, just like your mother and I did. We are like runt vampires, we need to be bit once for our vampire side to show."

My mother flashed her fangs, my heart began speeding up as my father continued "Usually a family member will bite you but Juvia seems to have done it for us." I blinked several times, mouth slack and heart beating out of my chest.

I slowly began to speak "S-So I'm...a..." I couldn't bring myself to say it. I looked down in horror as my father came up to me and put a hand on my shoulder "Lucy, you're a vampire, just like me, your mother and your whole family."

Oh wow...intense. Imagine just being told your a vampire, I'd feel like a super hero I mean, being a vampire would be great and make a lot of sense for me. Anyway, enough about that, arigatou for reading and you know what? Tell me if you'd become a vampire if you could.