Novel of a Vampire 08

I introduce a new character here but you can see that. Well I hope you enjoy!

---------------

Ch. VIII -Juvia-

---------------

I headed towards the roof, free period. As I climbed towards the roof I hoped Natsu wouldn't be up here and that he would be with his new "crew". I sighed as I opened the door to the roof and was surprised to see that I wasn't alone.

A girl about my height was staring out over the horizon. She had long blue hair, a little darker that Levy's. It curled as it came out from under her tall hat. She looked like she was dressed for snow fall but it was still too early in the year for that.

I went up next to her and looked at her. She quickly turned to me, surprised "H-Hello, who are y-you?" She asked, stuttering like she rarely used her voice. I frowned and then said "My name's Lucy, you?" "Juvia." She smiled at me.

Her dark blue eyes lit up a little after I told her my name. "Well, Juvia," I began "what's a girl like you doing up here?" I turned so I had my back against the railing. Juvia tilted her head a bit "A girl like Juvia?"

I frowned a bit at how she said it in third person but I didn't question it. "Yeah, pretty and I bet you're smart too." I smiled a bit as her pale cheeks turned pink. "Thank you, Lucy." We stayed quiet for a moment, looking opposite ways.

Then I looked at her "Are you new here?" She nodded, not looking at me. I turned around and leaned forward so I could see her face easier. "Why'd you move?" She suddenly looked melancholic "Juvia's past isn't a fun one."

My face fell a bit, feeling sympathetic for her even though I just met her "Why? If you don't mind me asking." Juvia hesitated, swallowing a few times. Then she turned and looked at me seriously "Can you keep Juvia's big secret?"

I leaned forward, curious now "Of course, it's not like I'd tell anyone." She smiled a bit then looked sadly back towards the yard in front of the school. "Juvia moved because she's being hunted." I didn't expect that.

My mouth opened a little in shock "Hunted? Like a turkey or something?" Juvia nodded "But deadlier, they say." "They?" "Here, Juvia will tell you her whole story so you aren't confused, Lucy." I nodded and waited for her to begin.

She took a big breath and started "It all started when Juvia was young, she started off like a normal girl going to school but then something changed. My father came home with blood on his mouth, looking crazed.

There was knocking on the front door and then it burst open, revealing many angered people." Juvia swallowed, looking like she couldn't continue. I patted her shoulder and gave her a reassuring smile. She smiled back and prepared to continue.

"They burst in, yelling about how Juvia's father was a murderer. Her father tried to calm them down but they ended up...killing him." Juvia was now in tears, struggling to keep going but she still did. "Juvia's mother tried to protect her, shielding her from the mad men.

She told Juvia to run, as fast as she could and don't ever look  back. She pushed Juvia back towards the back door right before she was stabbed with a sharpened pitchfork. Juvia ran out the back door and heard the men following her.

Juvia ran and ran, constantly moving until she ended up here." Juvia cried silently, looking down as tears flowed freely. I patted her shoulder and when she looked up at me she composed herself and finished her story.

"Later Juvia found out her whole family was vampires...including Juvia." She looked at me, looking like she was scared of my reaction. I looked away and down "I know someone who's a vampire." Juvia suddenly looked hopeful "Really? Could they help Juvia?"

I shook my head "I'm not sure, you'll have to ask them yourself." "Who is it, Lucy?" I looked at her "Natsu Dragneel, pink hair, tanned skin. Can't miss him." She looked confused "How can he have tanned skin if he's a vampire?"

I shook my head again "I have no idea, I just saw him "feeding" with pale skin and red eyes." Juvia's eyes widened but she quickly blinked it away. I frowned, she's a vampire, it shouldn't be that weird for her.

I suddenly realised Juvia had told me all of this with only knowing my name "Why did you tell me all of this? I barely know you and you barely know me." Juvia smiled a little "Juvia's family has always been good at telling if people were trustworthy or not."

I nodded, useful power. I looked at my phone for the time "Hey, Juvia, you said you're new here right?" She nodded and I continued "I'll show you around then, come on." Juvia followed me with a smile on her face "Thank you, Lucy."

"For what?" I looked at her, confused. "Juvia feels much better after telling someone her secret and for showing Juvia around." I looked away and smiled a bit "You're welcome Juvia." Suddenly she stopped and she stared at me, both confused and scared at the same time.

"Why does it smell like blood here?" She whispered and I looked down at the ground sadly "One of my friends, Levy McGarden died here yesterday." She looked at me sympathetically "Juvia knows how it feels to lose someone close."

I nodded and we kept walking. I smiled as I thought about Juvia more, I knew we'd get along well. I smiled at her and she smiled back. Juvia...what a pretty name for a girl that's a vampire.

So this was kind of just an introduction to Juvia here, I have a plan for her to be quite a large character but I guess we'll have to find out, eh? Well, as always, arigatou for reading!