Novel of a Vampire 19

Omg another chapter. I'm not even gonna say anything, just enjoy this chapter

---------------
Ch. XIX -Escape Plan-
---------------

I had to stand in an room with the other slaves because I had been a "bad girl". Let's just say it was the most boring thing ever. I sighed as I stared out of the windows, my eyes started to close. Slowly, things started getting blurry.

Suddenly I was shaken and I fell backwards, my eyes wide open. So much for sleep. I rubbed my eyes and stared out at who had awoken me. It was the man from earlier, his orange, spiky hair duller in the low light.

He was still wearing his fancy suit, I wonder if he ever got hot. I should not be worrying about that. I looked closer and saw movement behind his eyes, he was still okay like me. I moved a lot to show that I understood.

I didn't know how we could communicate though so I stilled and just watched. Suddenly his body moved, slowly and robotically. His arm was slowly rising and he put it on my shoulder lightly.

I stared at him as his mouth opened and I was surprised when a word came out. "Come." It was only one word but I had never been so thankful to hear one word in my life. He turned and started to leave and I worried I wouldn't follow him but my body slowly walked behind him.

We went to the door and he slowly opened it. He looked over his shoulder at me, his movements stiff. "Leo," I'm guessing that's his name, but it's a little odd. I opened my mouth and said "Lucy." A second later I heard my robotic voice repeat me "Lucy."

I smiled, I already had some control over this, a good sign. We kept walking, up a floor and down a long hallway. Suddenly a door in front of us opened and Bleida walked out, dressed in a simple robe. She looked at us suspiciously "What are you two doing?"

When Leo didn't answer I stepped forward and said a little hesitantly "We were ordered by Mr. Gar to come to his room." I gulped and waited to see if she believed me. Thankfully when my body repeated me it showed no hesitation.

Bleida looked at us for a second more then pushed past us "Fine, just get out of the way." I hit the wall, not hard but not lightly either. I put a hand to my head and saw my body follow my movements almost immediately.

I looked at Leo and saw that his usually expressionless face now had a hint of surprise on it. I pushed back at the wall and stood up straight. I slowly spoke again "Where to?" After it was repeated he simply said "Gar." I frowned for a moment then realised we were going to Gar's room.

He gestured for me to follow him and I stiffly walked behind him. Suddenly he stopped and I almost crashed into him. He turned and knocked on the door next to us "Gar." A few seconds later the door opened and a single hand gestured for us to walk in.

We walked in the room and the door was hastily shut behind us. I looked around the room and saw that it was covered in plants and rocks. It was still elegant despite the natural touch.

Gar stepped in front of us and smiled warmly at Leo "You brought her, thank you." He looked at me and his smile faded slightly "You heard what we said earlier, correct?" I nodded and he looked down with a sigh "I thought so."

He looked back up at me "You know our plan to take your powers then," again, I nodded. He nodded "I can't change their minds, but I can help you escape." My eyes widened slightly and I leaned forward, eager to get out of here.

"I have come up with a potion that will remove Mr. Dragneel's hold on you, that's when you'll escape." He pushed us towards some seats and made us sit down. He went over to one of the many plants and pulled out two capped bottles "This is the potion."

He handed us each one of the bottles "I'll give you a signal then you'll drink those." Leo suddenly croaked out "S-Signal?" Gar nodded "Yes, I will provoke Mr. Dragneel and when he's distracted you two will drink that and escape through the garden."

He moved over to one of his windows and moved a vine out of the way so we could see "In the rosebushes you will find an escape route, it'll be hard to get to but it's your only option of escape." I nodded and stared at the rosebushes, memorising where they were.

Gar suddenly cocked his head to the side and gestured for us to go out the door "Hurry, hurry! Mr. Dragneel is coming and he will question us. Hide those bottles until the signal is sent. Go!" Leo and I moved as fast as we could towards the room I had been in before.

Behind us I heard Gar talking to Mr. Dragneel, distracting him with nonsense about his plants. I looked down at the bottle in my hand, this was my escape. I heard movement behind us and I dared look back to see Mr. Dragneel coming down the hall though he still wasn't looking our way.

I dashed down the stairs and I had almost made it when I dropped my bottle. It crashed to the floor in slow motion. I dived forward to try and save it but it hit the floor before I could reach it. My mouth hung open in a silent cry.

I didn't have time to worry about the bottle because Leo was pulling me to my feet and shoving me into the dark room I had been in before. I fell back into a few other people and saw Leo shut the door.

I rushed forward and tried to get out to him but I heard the door click as he locked it. I froze when I heard Mr. Dragneel's voice "Leo, what are you doing out here?" It was quiet for a moment before Leo said "I'm sorry sir, I dropped a glass at the foot of the stairs, I was about to go clean it up."

"Please do." I heard footsteps quickly retreating and heard another pair come closer. I backed out of the way and hid behind another slave as Mr. Dragneel walked in. He looked around and locked eyes with me. I froze, trying not to reveal my fear.

He then quickly left without a word. I let out a sigh of relief when the door closed. I looked down at my hand that I had been clenching tight. In it was the other bottle. I looked sadly at it, I had to be clumsy and break my bottle.

Good job, me. Now only one of us could escape. Me or Leo. Why did I have to be so clumsy?

Aww ;-; only one of them can escape. Sorry for not updating for so long, I've been a little distracted by school and some...people. Anyway, hope you enjoyed and arigatou for reading!