16. This Is What It Takes

A/n: Need you guys to listen to the song first! Please, thanks! xx

If you couldn't watch it then: Shawn Mendes- This is what it takes.
•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

•[Not Edited]•

Harry's POV

"I don't want you to waste your time with me." He said through the phone. I was shocked to say the least, this literally came out of nowhere. We were simply talking about life and next thing I know this is what he says.

"W-what? I'm confused."

"I'm a chaos, I don't want you to suffer and be part of that." He sighed.

"I don't care, everyone has darkness in their life but there's always a light." I reasoned. I don't want him to give up, I don't want this to be really happening. Just when it was getting perfect.

"I have too much Harreh, right now I'm not alright." He said softly.

He's not telling me something and he sounds so upset just by telling me this. I know this isn't him and this is something else. Or maybe someone.

"Zayn, you have to talk to me. You can't just push me away and think that I'll actually leave because I won't." I fought back.

"I don't know Haz, it's just not the right time for me, maybe neither for you."

"I know this is the time, why don't you?"

"I don't know! I.. It just isn't, I'm sorry."

"You can't just fucking lead me on to just stop here Zayn!" I started feeling hot and felt my heart pumping at a quick pace. "I've worked so damn hard to have you, to finally talk to you, and go places with you. We kissed and I haven't let anyone kiss me in years Zayn, it was special! It still is! Why are you pushing me away? Do you not feel me getting broken? Don't I sound broken? I hear you Zayn, I see you. I care about you so much! You can't just take yourself away from me like that, this is not the way, this is.. This is unbelievable. If you don't care about me Zayn... Hang up. Just fucking hang up and delete my number because I can't and won't handle this, I've lost too much already." I finished devastated. I didn't want him to leave or delete my number but if he was going to be like this and do me like this then I see no other way around it.

We were so happy this last few weeks I just know something else is up. I can't help but wonder if it's his dad pulling false jokes like this. Why would he hurt his son? Me?

"I'm sorry Haz..." He barely said.

"Don't call me that anymore," my voice cracked. "You stay or you leave Zayn. I can't have you lead me on anymore, it's better this way if you're going the other way."

"Harry-"

"Don't make this any harder Zayn, you know how sensitive I am." I closed my eyes just waiting to hear the end of the line because I did not want to hang up first. Even though I loved hearing his voice this was the last time I'd probably hear it.

"G-goodbye Harry," he croaked out, I could feel his pain and the trouble of those two words and it killed me, it literally killed me inside. It broke my heart and the tears just slipped down my cheeks with no shame, no care. "I-... Care." And with that I finally heard the end of the line.

I felt empty, hollow. Like the light and joy I had felt all this weeks, this months just vanished. It was taken away and filled with hollowness and darkness. I could no longer see anything the same way, my days with my brightest smiles would come to an end just because of the one boy I truly did love. Most likely my first and last love.

I knew one day this day would come with someone, some guy of which I had no love for like I had for Zayn but truth is it just came too fast and too early. With the wrong person as well, it wasn't meant to be this way but nothing comes the way we want.

***

"You have to cheer up Haz." Liam tried. He'd come over a few days after I told him. It wasn't even the same anymore, all I did was lay around and sit around. I was a robot, I was programmed to go about my day and just go shower and to sleep. That was it.

I shook my head, not wanting to upset him anymore but I knew it was also taking the toll on him. He has to leave me right now and the only way to have that happen was to push him away, just like my love did to me. Push me away.

He sighed. "Okay Harry, I know what you're doing. I'm your best friend, and best friends don't give up on each other. I'm not going anywhere when you need me and when you don't need me, guess what? I'll still fucking be here. Yes, you heard me because I'm the damn booger in your nose that you can't get rid off."

"Only you would use something so gross to cheer me up.." I side smiled but that was the only thing anyone could get from me now or a laugh with tears following after. I wasn't me anymore I was just nothing, I had nothing.

"That's what I'm here for, now get your ass up and go eat because you look like a dying skeleton and trust me, that this is almost gone because is thin as heck and that's exactly what you're turning out to be." He crossed his arms and gave me a stern and even after that he managed to make me crack a small smile. I knew I looked bad but not this bad, him pointing it out made me realize that indeed I did not look presentable at all.

"Okay.." I got up from my unmade bed and followed him downstairs to the kitchen where my mom had left the food.

"Now start eating because you never know what might happen in a few weeks or few months." He slid across from me after handing me warmed up food.

"Mhm." I sighed and ate what my mom made. I missed her, we haven't really talked in a long time because I was so caught up in this love circle that ended the wrong way.

"You know what I mean Harry, because in all honesty you don't know what might happen from this point on." Liam side smiled, trying to assure me. And I gladly took it, anything to get out of this 10 feet under hole I was in.

I thought about Liam's words and maybe the thought of having him come back to me after a few weeks or months of thinking. Then this would make sense, to take care of myself and look better than what I feel, I would do it.

"If this is what it takes.." I whispered.

Liam looked at me and gave me a small smile. "This is what it takes."

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

A/n: Ahh!! GUYS 4.49K reads!!!! You guys are freaking amazing! This means a lot! I started from the bottom now I'm here. (Just went there, whoops!)

Shiet bouta go down guys, dammmmnn. Something or somebody starting to break these two lover boys down! How dare they >.<

Sorry I've taken forever to update but now that I started school and I'm a junior, school is a bigger priority! The updates will be slow now yes, but maybe longer like they are? Let's be hopeful! I love you guys!! Thank you so much for sticking by me!

QOTC: What do you guys think of all this??

~Angie💜