22. Decision, Maybe.

•[Not Edited]•

Harry's POV

Yesterday Zayn came to me with his heart on his sleeve. It made me feel good in a way that he cared enough to come and explain himself and the reason why this all happened. I honestly think what they did was wrong, let Zayn be gay, let him be happy! He is the way he is, he was made that way so be it. No one should try and change who you are, no one.

Society this days.. Especially your parents. They have these standards set up for their kids and they expect them to follow it. Well.. What if we want our own standards? What if we want to have our own freedom of beliefs or morals and strategies and life? I know we're not wise enough but that's how we learn. We learn from the mistakes we make and that's what makes us smarter, stronger. Our parents and grandparents are the ones that make us be like this. They have their rules based on the past, not the future. They want to live in the now and think only about the careers in the future that their kids will take that will make them feel proud and successful. That's a lot of stress if you ask me.

Zayn has his own beliefs, his own standards. He came to me giving me also a piece of his mind, he might've not told me all but he showed it. His eyes say so many things and I just can read him so well, I know he's trying to hide something from me but it's a good thing not a bad thing and I'm just waiting for him to tell me. I'm willing to wait years for it.

"So you're saying yes?" Liam rubbed his chin even though he just shaved before he came here.

"I'm not saying yes." I mumbled.

"So no?"

"I'm not saying no either," I sighed. "It's... a complicated decision at the moment Liam."

"It's really not," he sat on my bed. "Think about it. He came here telling you all this great stuff, and by great I mean.. He told you everything! And you're here wondering what you should do?"

I didn't dare look at him because I knew the way he was looking at me wasn't a pleasant one.

I sighed. "I know, I know Liam.. I don't know what's wrong with me like.. I want to give him a chance but it hurt.. He was gonna leave me forever."

Liam rolled his eyes.

"Where are we? The mental hospital? Hello! He flipping cares about you! He came all the way over here just to talk you know? He deserves a chance."

I thought about it. Liam was right but I just needed more time to think about it or did I?

***

"Harry I think you should give Zayn a chance."

"Seriously Niall? You too?" I groaned.

"What?" He looked at me then at Liam then back at me. "I'm just saying, not only because he's my best friend but because he's also a very great guy. You should know this you've spent about two to three months with him."

He was right but it was a bit hard to admit it. "Yeah.. Right. That's why he called me and told me we couldn't keep going without a reason. He could've told me, I would've helped him.." And knowing I actually could made things worse for me, it made me think he thought my help wouldn't matter.

"He wasn't thinking straight, rushed decisions can do that to you." Niall defended once again.

"Ni, I think Harry has had enough of the Zayn talk." Liam defended me. Best friend for best friend.

"I get that but do you honestly think Zayn is okay? You should see him in his house. It's like hell in there I haven't been able to go in for weeks."

"Why?"

"Because they found out I was gay, Not that it matters anyway." He shrugged and took a bite out of a homemade cookie.

I sighed. "It shouldn't matter should it..."

"No." Liam and Niall said in unison.

"Well," I sat. "I suppose you're both right but he needs to make it up to me somehow."

"Oh he already has, you just wait and see." Niall winked.

Knowing that made my heart flip, Zayn had been actually trying to at least make it up to me. Isn't that sweet? Harry focus. You're still mad.

"We know your heart melted stop playing hard to get." Liam smirked.

"I hate how you know me inside and out.."

"That's why I'm your best friend." He smiled and winked.

Niall reached out to his eye and smacked his own eye softly. We both looked at him weirdly and he shrugged before taking a bite of the cookie.

"He can only wink at me."

"Well because that makes much more sense." I mumbled.

"Oops moment?"

"Nah, it's just me." Niall smiled.

"And you're.. 18?"

"Correction, 19."

"Oh well sorry Mr. Horan, I was not notified about this, Liam please take your sugar daddy away."

Liam scolded me even though he was trying to hold back a smile.

"Ooo I like the sound of that." Niall wiggled his eyebrows.

"Don't even think about it. You're just one year older than me." Liam huffed.

"Aw come on just for fun!"

"Nope. Keep dreaming Horan."

"Alright."

I shook my head at their weird banter and decided to go to the living room. I took my phone out and went to messages. My finger lingered on Zayn's name, as time passed I kept unlocking my phone and thinking about what to say to him. Maybe a simple hello or hi would work, here goes nothing.

I pressed on his name and quickly sent him a hey. Now I just had to wait.

To Harry: Hey

Well I mean, that's better than no reply.

To Zayn: So.. How are you?

To Harry: I'm alright, you?

To Zayn: I'm alright too

To Harry: I'm guessing you're texting me because you've made up your mind?..

To Zayn: Precisely..

To Harry: Okay well.. Give it to me how it is

To Zayn: Okay well.. I've chosen...

Yes or no? Do I send it or not? I need a break, he can wait 2 minutes more.

Pick Harry. 

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
A/n: Hey guys! Another update! Yay! Dedicated to Fireproof_Zarry Mrsdenisemalik A_Dark_Secret and Littledevil02 . Thank you guys for everything.

Of course thank you to my other readers, voters, and commenters. Let's not forget one day you'll appear with a dedication as well! Good luck! Haha, love you all. 💜

QOTC: Name the first song that pops to your head.

Panic! at the Disco - This is Gospel (that was mine, alrighty then).

~Angie💜