30. Actions Not Words

•[Not Edited]•

Zayn's POV

"Pick anything you want, I have no problem paying, okay?" I didn't want to sound rich but at the same time I made sure I had enough money to cover anything from this fancy restaurant. I had asked my mom for help on picking and she told me this place was well known for good pasta, good steak and rice, and dessert. So like might as well take Harry to the best place, he deserves it.

"Are you sure? Everything here is like twenty dollars and up." He whined and looked up at me.

"I took you here for a reason Haz, go ahead and pick." I chuckled.

He looked back down at the menu and I just knew he'd pick the cheapest. "Don't you dare pick the cheapest thing, I want you to taste how great this place makes food, pick what your stomach tells you."

He looked at me for a few seconds before slowing nodding, returning back to the menu. I looked down at mine and spotted the pasta, I was really in the mood for it so I picked the one that looked more appetizing, fifty dollars? Thats alright.

"What are you gonna eat, Harry?"

"Pasta." Well there's something we're alike in.

"Which one?"

"The forty dollar one.. With shrimp."

I nodded, "good choice."

He smiled shyly and closed the menu as did I, the waiter came back with our drinks and set them down.

"Ready to order?" He glanced at us.

"The Finale pasta please."

"Shrimp al Caliente pasta please."

I chuckled at the name since it had the restaurant name on it but let it go as soon as Harry looked at me questionably. I brushed it off and smiled.

"Coming right up." The waiter took the menus and left to get our orders. I hope the cooks are fast because I just really want to go home with Harry and just chill.

After a few minutes of chatting and actually getting to know each other a little more in a new level, the food finally arrived and we dug in. Harry looked over at me and wiggled his eyebrows causing me to drool a little from sipping and leaving my mouth open, I quickly recovered and wiped my mouth, clearing my throat. He lightly chuckled and shook his head.

"I just wanted to say how delicious this pasta was, jeez, don't have to drool for me," he winked. "Although I am Caliente." He snickered. I rolled my eyes and laughed at his lame statement, but he wasn't wrong.

"Can't believe I'm saying this," I exaggerated. "But you're completely right." I stuck my tongue out at him and winked.

He giggled which only made me feel accomplished. Well coming to Harry I almost always do, which is a good thing.

"Want dessert?"

"Can't believe I'm taking a rain check on this."

"Well you are so..."

"Sorry, still not changing my mind," he shook his head. "It's a no from me."

I chuckled, "fair enough." I called the waiter over to get the bill.

*
*

"Thank you so much for the food and taking me to Al Caliente. Which I honestly thought I'd never get to go." He chuckled and hugged me.

"Never say never." I chuckled.

We were laying down on my bed and we just talked about life and what we thought how our futures would look like. Of course neither of us mentioned each other because we weren't sure about it and even then we weren't together yet so it wouldn't seem right at the moment.

"Harry?"

"Hm?"

"From 1-100.. how much do you like me?" I bit my lip nervously.

"From 1-100?" He raised an eyebrow. I nodded while looking down at him.

"Well I have no number Zaynie, honestly, how can I put a number on someone I like? Doesn't seem right if you ask me." He huffed a little.

"Sorry, I just thought maybe a number would help me-"

"How about actions Zee? Actions count more than words."

And oh was he right. I hope this doesn't upset him, I really didn't mean to put a number on him, he's not a number he's a person and he deserves to be treated like one. How wrong of me.

"I'm really sorry Haz, you're very right, actions do speak louder than words."

"And you're about to break from all you've heard."

I looked at him confused, "How?" I made him look at me.

"Oh no sorry, I just thought it'd be cool to add that in." He blushed.

I laughed. This boy was something else, and I loved it. I really wanted to ask him to be mine but I wasn't sure when or how. At least not yet.

"I like you a lot." He confessed.

I looked at him and smiled. Maybe this wouldn't be as hard as I thought, maybe all it took was an action and the simple question of, will you be mine?

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

A/n: sorry for the short chapter today guys! hopefully you guys liked it, give it some love so it grows :) aha.

what is this I'm hearing about 1D permanently breaking up?? and Harry saying Zayn is looking for attention?? ugh, so tired of drama and rumors and I'm just honestly done with social media.

QOTC: how would you guys feel if they went out? Lmao what a question, I know. cx

~Angie💜
P.s. you guys should totally listen to (Bumper Cars by Alex and Sierra.)