A Wonderful Birthday

Soon, it was January and her friends returned. Luckily, 12th January was a Hogsmeade weekend and the Marauders had a lovely surprise for her.

That snowy morning, she was summoned by Professor Dumbledore.

"The curse casted on your parent's house is a... strange one. It withers after a while and the few things that have survived it reappear. The curse on the house withered and indeed, some things have survived. Two trunks have arrived for you. I'll send them to your room, at once."

With a polite thank you, she had returned to the Common room to find a large trunk and a smaller one.

Ari rushed to open the smaller one. It produced her four of her mother's dresses. A red one, a green one, a black and white one and a blue one with purple and pink flowers. There was a large straw hat with a artificial flower on it. And there was a tiny brass box containing jewelery. A gold ring and a ruby necklace.

Luckily, the largest trunk was her own. It contained some of her clothes: a blue blouse, a white shirt, a long green skirt and black tights. There were white slippers and black sandals. There was a pink dress and a money bag. (The one Ari left at home by mistake. It had 158 Galleons and 90 Sickles.)

There was a picture of her family which she hugged to her chest for a long time. There was a black scarf and boots.

There were other things, too. Her mother's China dish, Lilyanna's purple silk pincushion, and her father's large overcoat.

She pulled all these things close. What a fortune! Then, she placed them under her bed to keep them safe.

She changed into her mother's simple white dress and wore the black sandals. She put on her jacket and was ready to go.

She felt like the happiest witch in Hogwarts as she walked to Hogsmeade with James and Sirius on either side. All her other friends had dates of there own and Lily was hanging out (hanging out, not going out.) with Severus, much to Ari's disappointment and James' dismay but he cheered up as they entered Hogsmeade.

Ari looked startlingly beautiful with her fair skin flushed, bright sea green eyes twinkling, and thin lips pulled into a smile. Sirius noticed how her high cheekbones enhanced her beauty and how her wavy jet black hair fell to her waist. She was very very pretty...

She entered the Three Broomsticks with her two friends and took out her purse.
"My treat." Said Sirius and ordered 3 bottles of Butterbeer.

As they drank, Ari told them about the trunks that had arrived.

"158 Galleons are a fortune! I'm going to save them for the summer. You know, robes are expensive." She said.

They talked a little more and then, James said, "But there's one thing wrong. We're going to lose the Quidditch final against Ravenclaw. Our Beater resigned."

"Why!?" She cried.

"Her parents have been killed. She's gone home to care for her 5 year old brother."

"Aww, that's a pity. We can't blame her for leaving." Said Ari. "But we can win the match. Have you found another Beater?"

"No.That's the problem, isn't it?"
Said Sirius.

Ari sighed. "Well then, I sign up as Beater."

"You... you know how to play?" Asked James.

"I know how to fly. Madame Hooch taught us in the 1st year. She said I was a natural... and I was a baseball player, it's a Muggle game and is similar to being a Beater in Quidditch. And, I've watched you play. I've watched each and every one of your practices."

"Thankyou, Ari. We hope this'll work."

Then, they went to Zonkos and they bought her many joke stuff which she found extremely amusing. After a trip to Honeydukes, they took her into the Forest for the great surprise.

She followed them to a clearing where they had a Muggle picnic. Though she was wearing a knee-length dress, she was still amazing at tree climbing. After eating lots of Chocoballs and Bertie Bott's Every Flavour Beans and drinking Butterbeer, they went back to Hogwarts. It was the best day of Ari's life. Yet.