Good night

Ari knew it. Not all of them would survive. She would lose friends... but she didn't want that. She had already lost so many. How would she live without her friends? And this was a dark cloud on her head.

Sirius realised it when she went to live with him for the weekend.
"You look upset." He commented.

"I'm not." She lied, not looking into his eyes.

"Ari..." He said softly, taking her hand. "Tell me."

So her sea-green eyes met those beautiful grey eyes and she couldn't keep it from him. Blinking away the tears, she said, "Sirius... this is war. Sirius, some of us will die. I hope that's me. I don't want to see someone die but what if I do. I don't want to lose anyone. I don't want to lose you. I love you so much. I can't live without you but what if..." Sirius interrupted her.

"Shhh, Ari." He said, pulling her into a hug as she cried on his shoulder. "No one will leave you. Don't worry about that. No one is going to die. We'll win and end this war, okay? It'll be over and we'll be happy again." He rubbed her back, trying to comfort her. The truth was that everything he had said, he was trying to believe it but he couldn't. He knew Ari was right.

"I love you, Sirius! Please don't ever leave me..." She cried, her voice weak.

I took her face in his hands and wiped her tears, "I won't. I'll always be there. I won't leave you. I love you, okay?"

So Sirius knew that it was time to do what he wanted to. One week later, he proposed and she obviously accepted.

"We'll get married." He told her, ecstatic. "As soon as this war ends and times are happy again."

And that was when they stopped for a while. Ari's nightmares stopped. Because she knew it, someone loved her. He would always be there for her. He would marry her. And holding onto this, she slept peacefully. He would wish her a good night and kiss her forehead so how could she not be peaceful? How could she not feel safe when she knew that he was there for her?

Needless to say, Sirius Black was the best thing that happened to Ariana Scarlet Flames. Meanwhile, Ariana Scarlet Flames was the best thing that had happened to Sirius Black.

And their love was unconditional. If only fate wasn't so cruel...

A/N. This chapter is weird O.O it was so awkward to write this. Vote and comment.
~ Crystal