Home

And before they knew it, it was time to go back home. Mr and Mrs Potter had brought everything from Diagon Alley the previous day. No matter how much Ari insisted, they didn't take her money bag. They brought her books, quills, Potion ingredients, another cauldron, robes, a scarf and a money bag. She loved them even more than before.

They dropped the 3 at King's Cross where she ran into their friends at the platform. Excited bickering and loving hugs were exchanged. They all sat in one compartment in the train.
(Lily sat opposite James without a single complaint.)

As the train started, Lily and Remus left for their Prefect work. Frank and Alice started talking in low voices. Emmeline, Dorcas, Peter, Marlene and Mary started playing exploding snap.

"Why wasn't Marlene talking to Remus?" Ari asked the boys.

"They broke up over the summer, didn't you know?" Said James.

"Merlin, no! But... why? I thought they were really happy together." She cried.

"Marlene found out that he's a werewolf. She asked him and he told her that it was true and that was why they couldn't be together anymore." Replied Sirius.

Ari leaned back in her chair. "He's a fool."

She turned towards Marlene and said, "How was your summer, dear?"

"Rotten." Was Marlene's reply.

"And how are you, now?" Asked Ari softly.

"Loads better." Beamed Marlene. "At least I'm not a she - wolf anymore." Her sarcasm was evident. The other girls were confused but didn't say a word.

Ari quietly got up and left before anyone could stop her.
She found Remus at the end of the train.

"We need to talk." She told him, gesturing towards an empty compartment.

Inside the compartment, she crossed her arms.
"Remus, it doesn't matter. Marlene doesn't care if you're a werewolf or not, don't you see?"

"I do, Ari." He replied, wearily. "But it just won't work!"

"Alright." She said. "What about her? Don't you care about Marlene?"

"I do." He mumbled.

"Talk to her. Listen to what she thinks is right and come to a mutual decision. I'm sending her. You wait here."

She returned to her compartment and said, "Marlene. Could you come here please?"

Marlene came out. "Yeah?"

"Remus is waiting for you in the last compartment. Go and talk to him. Now."

Marlene seemed to be eager to talk to him as she rushed over to the end of the train.

Ari returned to her compartment and sat beside Sirius. "I hope this ends well."

No one said anything. Everyone was waiting for Marlene to return in silence.

She came back and few minutes later. "We're fine with being just friends." She murmured, softly. "It's okay. Thanks, Ari."

After eating some chocolate and pumpkin pasties. They reached Hogwarts a.k.a Home.

The Sorting was amazing as ever. The feast was divine.

"See that girl over there?" Lily pointed at a first year on the Ravenclaw Table. "That's Ruby Sparklesmith. She lives near my house and she's amazing. I knew she'd be a witch and a Ravenclaw. She's a Muggle-born. The only one this year. We've got to make sure she's safe all the time."

"Oh." Said Ari, eyeing the cute little blonde. "My sister would come to Hogwarts this year. But Lilyanna is dead." She sighed.

Lily grimaced. "How differently things could've turned out. We're all going to die, you know. Once we're out of Hogwarts and in the Order, we're all going to die."

"Evans." Said James. "No one will die except the Death Eaters. Don't be pessimistic."

"I'm being realistic, Potter." She snapped. "You save me if you're so sure I'll live."

"That I will do." He replied.

She made a face and drank her pumpkin juice without replying.

After the feast, they returned to their common rooms. The last ones left there that night were Ari and Sirius.

"Good night." She said, softly.

"Good night, Ari. You're really beautiful, don't forget that."

This random compliment made her laugh. "What?"

"I was just reminding you that you're beautiful." He smirked.

"I won't forget that." She smiled. As she stepped on the stairs of her dormitory, she turned and said, "You're very handsome too, Sirius Black."

"Oh, really?" He teased.

"Why, yes! You're the most handsome man I have ever seen."

"And you're the most beautiful. I've never seen someone with better eyes, you know."

She laughed and her eyes crinkled at the corners. "I can say the same about you. Good night, Padfoot."

"Good night, Ari. Sleep well."

:D