The Orphanage

Ari's time at the orphanage was dull. She received few letters.

First, she got Sirius' letter which announced his running away. Then, there was the OWL result which was followed by a letter from Lily and a letter from James which announced all results. There was a long silence after that and Ari was bored.

The only comfort was a 18 year old, Charity Burbage from Beauxbatons. The only witch except Ari. Charity was the owner's neice.

"Well, Ari. Margaret is a horrid woman but you shouldn't say so. It's ungrateful and rude." Scolded Charity.

"But I don't get it! Why does she hate me so much?" Ari imitated a high pitched voice. " 'That Flames girl! Such a thin ugly little thing. A rule breaker and very vain. And she always complains about food. So horrible!"

Charity made a face. "You're not ugly or vain... but Ari, you do complain about food and you are a rule breaker... "

Ari sat down on the counter. They were standing in the kitchen. "I hate these light brown frocks. They make my legs look so long... oh, Charity! When will the summer end!?"

"You miss your friends, don't you? If they're not writing, you should."

So Ari took Charity's advice and wrote.

Dearest James and Sirius
I miss you people so much! It's awful over here. I literally want to kill myself... but don't worry, I won't.
Anyway, how's life going? How are Mr and Mrs Potter? How's Remus? And most importantly, how are you too?
I'm stuck in this orphanage so I'm missing out on all news. Did something important happen? Do tell me.
Don't think that I'm not mad at you for not writing. I am absolutely furious... but I'll forgive you if you write back. If you don't... I'll kill myself but I'll kill you two first.
Lots of love
-Ari

Two days later, James, Sirius and Remus came to visit her. They apologised for not writing and she cheerfully accepted.

"The food here is awful. It's so disgusting! Boiled rice and turnips and carrots. I refuse to eat it. All I eat are the roasted potatoes." She complained. "So I used up some money so now, I'm well stocked. "

Apparently, she had used Muggle money equivalent to 10 Galleons.

So, they all talked and ate Muggle goodies while sitting in Ari's small room.

They left but returned a week later. They met Charity and asked her where Ari was.
"She had a free day today. No chores. So she went to the park. It's getting dark, she should come back. You can go get her. The park's down the road."

So, the boys (James and Sirius. Remus didn't come this time) went to the park to get their friend.

They found her in the deserted park, perched on a tree branch, whistling softly.

For a second, the boys forgot what they had come for. The melody was too sweet.

Then, "Hey, Ari!" Greeted James.

That gave the poor girl a horrible fright and she jumped up pretty badly.

She caught the branch on time or she would've had a nasty fall.

"You should be glad I'm still alive to say hi back."

They walked down the road, together. And later, they left.

When only 3 weeks were left for vacation to end, James and Sirius returned with Luke.

"Well, it's Sunday. She's gone to church." Charity had said.

So, they waited outside the church. When Ari came out, she was looking like an angel. She was wearing her mother's pearl white dress and the top of her face was concealed by her hat.

She approached them with a huge smile. "I didn't know you were coming! And I certainly wasn't expecting you Mr. Pot- I mean, Luke. "

"Well, we've come to take you. You've had enough of London for a summer, haven't you, Ari?"