Chapter 8

Chapter 8

"I had no idea that when you said a few hours that you meant a few days," I told Louis from the floor.

"Me neither," he admitted. "Some traffic, huh?"

"If I'm on this bus any longer I'm going to explode."

"You're a patient one," he said sarcastically and I sighed. "Can you blame me?" I pouted. "Being cooped up in a house all your life does that to you. You can't stay in one place forever."

"It hasn't been forever yet, only two days."

"Forever, two days, same thing."

He smirked. "How about at the next stop we blow this Popsicle stand?" he suggested. I frowned slightly. "As I recall, you don't have a car," I reminded him.

"So?" he retorted. "What does a car have to do with anything? And we can bring Zayn along in case of--"

"No," I interrupted. "Not Zayn. He'll blab to Liam. And we're obviously not bringing Liam."

"Obviously," he agreed. "It's either Niall or Harry then, take your pick. Or both, if you want."

Both would be a bad idea, Liam would know something's up. Personally, I wanted to bring Niall along, but I thought it would be good for Harry to get out more. "Harry," I said.

"Okay," Louis said. "Get off the floor and do whatever it is you need to do. Then we're out of here."

It actually took a lot of persuading from Louis to make Harry come. At first I had no idea why he had to come, but then Louis pointed out that the both of us together was kind of like a doomsday. We needed some kind of responsible person to come along and keep track of us, and apparently Harry fit in that category. But only barely.

Finally Louis managed to push him outside when we were stopped. "Okay, people," Liam said loudly, using his authoritative tone. "We have a few hours at the most of walking around and stretching our legs. Buy some food or whatever if you need to, but be sure to be back here by 5:30pm. Got it, people? 5:30pm. Any questions?"

"Yes," I said. He glanced over at me. "Can we go now?" I asked impatiently, and he sighed while nodding and rolling his eyes. "Great," I said cheerfully. "Let's go," I added to Louis and Harry and we were off... wherever.

"Do either of you have a GPS app or something?" I asked once the tour bus was out of sight.

"They make an app for that?" Louis asked, and that pretty much answered my question. Harry just shook his head. He looked like he really didn't want to do this. Like, he would rather kill himself than do this.

"Getting nervous?" I teased, nudging him. He flinched away like I had punched him. I frowned. What's with him?

"No," he said stiffly. "I would just rather be in my room right now. Aloooone," he added, drawing out the word.

"Well, too bad," I retorted. "You're stuck with us."

"You make it sound like that's a bad thing," Louis said.

I winked. "Maybe it is," I said.

He shook his head. "You confuse me, child," he said.

"Hey, that's my thing!" I cried indignantly. "I call people 'child' or 'childs'!"

He smirked. "Thanks for the information," he said.

"Are you two done with your little flirt fest?" Harry interrupted curtly. "Does anybody have any idea where we are?"

We shook our heads, and I tried not to glare at him for his stupid "flirt fest" comment. Sheesh, childs, we're just friends. Get that to your heads.

"Well," I said thoughtfully. "We've been walking in a straight line for about ten minutes now, so if we decide to turn around a couple hours later, we should just head in the same direction again." I paused. "Shit," I muttered. "I should've just done that then ask you guys for help. Then I wouldn't have to feel this uncomfortable around Zayn. I unfortunately don't trust him." I was talking about the time when I had run off and I had to call them for help.

"You should," Louis said honestly. "He's very trustworthy, and a very excellent secret-keeper, since he barely says a word at all. You don't have to worry about him being a tattle tale."

I still wasn't convinced. I was only going to ask for his help when I thought he'd forgotten about that incident or it's a real crisis.

"Can we go back now?" Harry piped up, and I struggled not to roll my eyes. See, he's gone from mute to talking too much. We should've just brought Niall, although the three of us together would be like a recipe for disaster. Harry was like a deadweight right now, and besides, me and Louis could take care of ourselves.

"You can head back," I retorted. "I'm going to continue."

"Bad idea," Louis warned us. "We don't want to separate. If we do, someone might get lost."

I scowled and nearly face-palmed. "I befriended you because I thought you were cool," I told him sourly. "Turns out you're just another Liam in disguise."

He gasped. "You take that back!" he cried.

"Never!" I said and took off down the street.

It never really occurred to me that there was only three of us. Louis could either go after me or stay with Harry, but either way would leave one of us alone. I probably should've thought of that, but I didn't. And I don't think Louis did either, because he was right behind me. Meaning Harry was all alone.

"Ha, got you!" Louis cried, pushing me into a wall, not too roughly, of course.

"Fine, you did," I said, smiling. "Liam wouldn't have." He smirked in reply.

"Harry's alone now," I reminded him.

"Shit," he said immediately. "I guess we head back?"

"Duh," I said, rolling my eyes. So we started back in that direction. We weren't really paying attention to whatever we needed to pay attention to, we just wandered back up the street in what was hopefully the right direction. But it got pretty eventful soon.

"OMG, it's Louis Tomlinson from One Direction!" a girl squealed and this time I did face-palm. Great.

"Okay, now this is the time we start running," Louis said calmly. "Ready, set, go!"

We started running again, and there were only a few girls behind us, but enough to cause a stampede. "Now what do we do?" I panted to Louis. "We can't lead them back to your tour bus, or else they'll never leave you alone."

"I don't think we have much choice," he replied, and that's when we caught up to Harry. We literally slammed into him and fell to the pavement.

"What the--oh, it's you guys," Harry said, getting up and brushing himself off. "Why were you running?"

"Maybe because of the bunches of fans behind us," I said, and pushed him forward. "Go! Go! Hurry up!"

"Nice job, guys," Harry grumbled as we ran again. "Now they'll never leave us alone."

"Oh, shut it, Harry," I mumbled back, and a few minutes later (just when I was getting the stitch in my side too) we saw the tour bus. "Liam!" I shouted and he turned around. "Get back on the bus! There's a stampede behind us!"

He nodded and got back on, us right behind. Niall and Zayn were already inside, and they both jumped when we crashed inside. "STEP ON IT!!" we yelled, and the bus began to move. The fans were below screaming and shouting and waving their arms and being a nuisance as usual.

Liam turned to look at the three of us with a glare. Louis and I glanced at each other. Caught. Why did nothing go my way?

Author's Note:

HAHA, SURPRISE!! Another chapter! It didn't take a gajillion years after all. But only because I had this pre-made for you guys. So don't expect another one anytime soon, unfortunately.

Goodbye.... forever..... *sob*

Nah, I'm just kidding with you guys.

Love ya crazy chicks!
Sammi