Chapter 28

Chapter 28

(You guess who's POV this is)

I woke up the next morning with a large smile on my face. At first I couldn't remember why, then I remembered Harry confessing his feelings for me and that kissing that fangirl was all a mistake. I kind of felt bad for cursing at him, but he kissed me, so that must mean that he's not too upset with me.

I frowned at the bed above me. Were Harry and I... together now? Gosh, I hoped so. After all, we kissed each other twice, and they were the best moments of my life.

But what if Harry said no? And what if Liam found out? He couldn't keep us away from each other!

I forced myself out of bed and onto my feet. I dressed quickly as Liam snored. Thankfully, he didn't wake up. I brushed my hair, humming to myself. Life was beautiful....

I put on some makeup, and I put a flower clip in my hair. I smiled at my reflection. I looked good.

I headed out of my room and nearly crashed into somebody. I looked up. Harry! My heart pounded in my chest, but I put on what I hoped was a calm expression on my face. My face felt hot, so probably not. Hey, that rhymed!

"Hello," I said formally.

"Um, hey," he replied awkwardly. "How are you?"

"Good, good," I replied. "You?"

"Pretty good, yeah."

For a moment we just stood there awkwardly. I looked at my feet. Harry looked at the ceiling.

Finally, I sighed. "Okay, this is just ridiculous," I said and forced myself to look at Harry. He wouldn't look at me, so I reached up and pulled his head down so that we were looking at each other in the eye.

"Do you love me?" I asked bluntly.

"Very much so, yes," he replied. I smiled at the way he had said it so normally, like this was an everyday thing. "Do you love me?" he asked.

I nodded. "Yes," I said.

"So...." His voice faded away for a second. "Does that mean....?" Once again his question disappeared into thin air.

I shrugged. "I don't know," I said. "But I know I will, if you want me to be."

He smiled. "And I'll only be yours if you want me to be," he agreed. We stared at each other again like the idiots we were.

I sighed, like I had only a few minutes ago. "Since you won't be a man and ask me," I said, taking a step away from him and flipping my hair back. "I'll ask you myself. Harry, will you be my boyfriend?"

He didn't look all too surprised. "Funny," he chuckled. "I was about to ask you the same thing."

"Excuse me?!" I spluttered. He laughed louder. "I mean, you being my girlfriend," he elaborated.

"That's better," I giggled. "So, will you?"

"Sure," he said brightly, snaking an arm around my waist and pulling me closer. I rested my head against his shoulder. The pressure and warmth was comfortable. I smiled as I breathed in his scent. He smelled like Christmas, nutmeg to be specific. I had no idea why, but I liked it.

"You know," I mumbled against his shirt, "we're going to have to tell Liam about this."

I heard him groan. "Ugh, do we have to?" he complained, but it was in a grudging way; he knew we had to.

"How much do you want to bet he'll freak out?" I asked. Harry started swaying us from side to side. I closed my eyes in content.

"A billion dollars," he said.

"Twenty bucks," I countered. He pulled back slightly to stare at me. "What?" I asked defensively. "I'm not part of some international boy band like you are."

"Fair point," he conceded, and I leaned into him again.

"Good morning, lovers!" a loud voice proclaimed, and I squealed. Harry and I jumped away from each other, and I spun around. Louis was smirking at us knowingly.

"Louis!" I snapped, a blush rising to my cheeks.

He chuckled. "About time!" he exclaimed, his megaphone voice kicking in. "Harry is soooo in love with you, Delilah!"

"Shut up," Harry and I both hissed.

"You jealous?" Harry asked tauntingly, and I elbowed him, shooting him a warning look. We were all thinking about Louis' kiss.

But he only shrugged. "I'm not gonna lie," he said. "A little." I punched his arm. "What?" he demanded, rubbing it. "As I was SAYING, I'm only a little jealous. Now, if Harry and ELEANOR were together, I would have to murder him."

I smiled in amusement. "That's better," I said, satisfied. Harry, on the other hand, looked slightly uncomfortable by that.

"Have you told Liam yet?" Louis asked. I shook my head. "We will when he wakes up," I said. I wasn't too enthusiastic. "Maybe he'll be so sleepy he'll allow it."

"Doubtful," Louis coughed and I punched him again. "Stop it," he complained, and put Harry in front of him. "Punch him instead. Fisting--" he started to say but we yelled at him, "SHUT UP!!" He only laughed.

"Stop all this yelling!" a voice yelled, and Zayn and Niall came out of their bedroom, one considerably more cheerful than the other. "What's going on out here?" Zayn demanded.

"Harry and Lily are dating," Louis reported before I could tackle him to the ground. Harry did it for me.

Zayn stared at us. "Liam's not going to like that," he warned us.

"No shit," I shot back. "But I don't care. Me and Harry love each other, and that's all that matters."

Niall started gagging. "Please, no!" he moaned. "No love talk this early in the morning!"

"Love talk?" a familiar voice asked, and Zayn ducked back into his room so fast he tripped Niall, who quickly followed on his hands and knees.

"You two can fight this battle on your own," Louis said, pushing Harry off of him. "But I call being best man at your guys' wedding." He ran off before I could slap him.

Liam ambled out of his room and saw Harry and I in the middle of the hallway. "What's up?" he asked, running a hand through his buzz cut.

Harry and I glanced at each other. Then we started nudging each other. "You tell him," I mumbled.

"No, you," he protested. "You're his sister after all."

"So? He's your bandmate, not to mention one of your closest friends."

"Shut up, Lily."

"Hey!" Liam shouted. "I'm still here, you know."

We looked at him. "Let's do it together," I whispered.

"Like, every other word?" Harry asked, also whispering.

"No," I replied. "Just... together."

"Oh, okay."

"Liam," I said loudly, putting a defensive and firm tone into my voice. He raised his eyebrows expectingly. Harry slipped his hand into my own, and I squeezed it. "Harry and I are--"

"Together," Liam guessed immediately. "Or dating, one of those two."

I stared at him. "How did you know?" I cried. Then I realized something, and I turned on Harry. "You abandoned me!" I accused. "You didn't do it with me!"

He smiled back at me sheepishly. "Yeah, I--" he started to say but Liam interrupted. "Hey!" he shouted again. We turned back to him. "You two are dating?" he said, but it wasn't really a question. We nodded. Liam glared at Harry. "I told you specifically--" he spat but I cut him off.

"I don't care what you say," I said, but quickly corrected myself. "WE don't care what you say." Harry nodded vigorously, and I rolled my eyes. Some help he was. "Harry and I are in love," I continued, struggling not to draw out the word "love". "How would you feel if I told you that you weren't allowed to date Danielle? You're a Payne too, Liam, and if one of us can't have a boyfriend or girlfriend, then neither can the other."

Liam scowled at me, and I waited for the big fat "NO" that was sure to come. Like I said before, Liam's ALWAYS right.

"Dammit, Lily," he muttered, and I raised my eyebrows in surprise. He's always careful not to swear in front of me. "You know," he said a little angrily, but he didn't seem angry at me or Harry or really anyone in particular. "It's not my problem anymore. You can take care of yourself and do whatever you want. Go jump off a cliff for all I care. You're not my responsibility anymore."

I knew he didn't really mean it, especially the cliff part, but I played along anyway. "Does that mean you're not going to make us separate?" I asked to clarify.

"No," he sighed. "Mum's right: you need to know what a broken heart is. No offense, Harry," he added quickly.

"None taken," Harry muttered, rolling his eyes.

"Thanks so much, Liam!" I cried and attacked him in a hug. He hugged me back. "Just be careful," he murmured into my ear.

"I promise," I replied. And this time, I meant it.