Chapter 21

Chapter 21

"Let's play hide-and-go-seek tag," I suggested.

"What are we, five?" Zayn exclaimed.

"No, but you're all pretty close," I said. "Besides, it's fun. Who wants to play with me? Liam, you're required." He scowled at me, but I knew he wasn't really mad.

"Me!" Louis, Harry, and Niall shouted.

"And we're partners," Niall said immediately, linking arms with Zayn. "Don't argue," he added quickly when Zayn opened his mouth to object. He shut it again and rolled his eyes.

"How am I supposed to play?" Harry asked, lifting his broken wrist. Only one more week to go. I figured we were going to have a huge celebration when it finally came off. We were starting to get annoyed by Harry's comments of being "disabled".

I rolled my eyes. "I don't know, use your lips," I said sarcastically. "Use your other arm, smart one! It ain't rocket science!" He made a face back at me.

"I'm it!" Niall cried, and he covered his eyes, counting by twos for whatever reason. He let go of Zayn, who scurried off. I wasn't sure if he was even playing.

"Hide with me," Liam told me, and we ran off.

"Dang it!" I hissed as we hid in the pantry. "We didn't establish any rules!"

Liam frowned. "What rules?" he asked. "Why does hide-and-go-seek tag need rules?"

I was about to explain it to him when Niall shouted, "Ready or not, here I come!" I put a finger over Liam's lips. He removed it.

Hide-and-go-seek tag definitely needs rules. Like, don't hide outside the bus or in my room. I especially didn't want Harry or Louis in there.

I wasn't sure how long Niall was going to take, but apparently he's good at this game. "Ha! Found you!" he shouted when he opened the pantry door.

We got up and came out into the open.
"You found both of us," I pointed out. "Who's it?"

Niall bit his lip. "Liam," he decided.

"Yes!" I cried, and gave Niall a slight nudge. "Thank you!"

We went around the bus exploring all of the rooms. There weren't very many places to hide, so it wouldn't take long.

"I don't even know if Zayn's playing," I said.

"He better," Niall said. "If he's not, he's automatically it."

"To the bathroom!" Liam declared, and we ran off in that direction. Niall opened the door and we thrust the shower open. Zayn shrieked in surprise and we laughed.

"So you are playing!" I cried as he got out.

"No," he said sarcastically. "I just like hiding in the shower for fun."

"At least I'm not the only one," I sighed in relief, jokingly.

We left and checked Louis' and Harry's room next. "Hold on," I whispered, holding out a hand and stopping Niall from going any further. "I sense somebody. My radar is going off like crazy." Liam rolled his eyes.

"Watch this," I smirked. "Knock knock!" I shouted.

"Who's there?" a voice automatically replied. A pause. "Hey, that's cheating!" the same voice--Louis--exclaimed.

I pushed the closet door open and he scowled at me. I grinned back. "Only you, Louis," I said and hauled him out. "Where's Harry?" I asked.

"Best friends don't tell."