Chapter 23

Chapter 23

"Have you got the leftover cake?" I whispered excitedly to Harry. He nodded, grinning, as he showed me the box. I swallowed back my laughter. "This is going to be so awesome!" I giggled.

Louis and I hadn't been doing much pranks lately, so I decided to go to Harry. I don't know why, since Niall would probably be a better partner in crime, but I liked Harry. I think he's my new BFFL. My second one, I mean, to Louis.

"Which one should we do first?" I asked.

"Liam," Harry said immediately and we scurried off to me and Liam's room. We creaked the door open slowly and crept over to our bunk.

"Get on the other side," I told Harry quietly. "I've got the feather." I held it up and waved it in his face. He nodded and disappeared from view, the darkness swallowing him up.

I climbed up the ladder and held onto one rung with my hand. I couldn't see Harry's dark head of curls anywhere. "Harry?" I hissed.

"I'm right here," his husky voice mumbled and he appeared on the other side.

"Okay, ready?" I asked.

"Almost," he replied and repositioned himself, holding a portion of the cake aloft in his one hand. He grabbed Liam's hand and carefully put the piece on it, making sure the frosting was facing upward. "Okay, now I'm ready," he said.

I reached over and tickled Liam's nose with the feather. I giggled and swept a strand of hair behind my ear that was blocking my view. Liam's nose twitched and he wrinkled it. He reached up and the cake splattered all over his face.

I ducked my head down and gasped, holding back my laughter. I saw Harry shoving his shirt into his mouth. I glanced up. Surprisingly, Liam didn't wake up. Thank goodness.

Harry and I jumped down as quietly as possible and high-fived. "Awesome!" I repeated, giggling. "Liam's going to freak when he wakes up!"

"Now the others?" Harry guessed.

"Of course," I snorted and we went across the hall to Zayn's and Niall's room. The door was already open, so we darted over to Niall's bed and put cake in his hand. "You know," I remarked as Harry sat down beside me. "Niall might enjoy this prank. He'll have a tasty snack in the morning."

Harry chuckled. "I suppose," he said. "Hurry! Before someone wakes up!"

I gave him a smartass look. "Harry," I said matter-of-factly. "It's twelve in the morning! Who's going to wake up?"

He shrugged. "Somebody," he said confidently. I rolled my eyes and turned back to the task at hand.

I ran the feather over Niall's face, and outlined his eyes and nose. He sneezed loudly and I jumped back in surprise, landing in Harry's lap. Fortunately, no one woke up. I sighed in relief.

"Um, Lily?" Harry said.

"Yeah?" I asked, looking up.

"You're kind of squishing my balls."

"Oh, oops," I said, swallowing back my giggles again as I crawled out of his lap. He exhaled. "Apology accepted," he mumbled.

"Sshh," I told him, and stroked Niall's face again with my feather. He finally scratched his eye, and he spread cake all over his face. I grinned.

"Now Zayn," I said and climbed up the ladder to his bunk. Harry climbed up the other side and put a particularly large slice in his hand. "Zayn's going to flip also," I said.

"Totally," Harry agreed. "Now hurry up. I want to do Louis."

I rolled my eyes again and practically shoved my feather into Zayn's mouth. He coughed and reached up with the wrong hand to scratch it. I frowned, and did it again. Same wrong hand.