Chapter 14

Chapter 14

"Can never get it right!" I yelled at Liam. "Because I can't remember the words!"

That actually happened. It turned out that Liam was so tired he couldn't even remember the lyrics to "Tell Me A Lie". I was never going to let him live this down.

"Oh, shut up," he told me, covering my mouth with his hand. I licked it. "Ew!" he exclaimed, drawing it back and wiping it on his pants. I smirked.

"Hello, m'lady," Harry said to me, actually alerting me so I wouldn't jump again. "I believe we have a discussion to organize?"

"Since when did you get so formal?" I joked. "But yeah, we do."

Liam gave us a suspicious look. "What are you two talking about?" he asked.

"Nothing yet," I replied. "But something soon." I knew I had just confused him, but I skipped off anyway.

"How'd you like it?" Louis asked me as I neared him.

I shrugged. "It was good," I said. "Probably better with music though."

He frowned. "Was that supposed to be an insult or....?" His voice trailed off as I laughed. "Maybe?" I said, winking. Truthfully, I had no idea.

"Can we go back to the hotel now?" Niall complained.

"Yeah, can we?" I agreed. "There's a pool there and I want to go swimming."

"There's a pool?!" three voices exclaimed. Harry, Niall, and Louis.

"Let's go!" Louis cried and practically dragged me out of there. The others followed us, and Paul drove us back to the hotel. Once we were there and on our floor, we went our separate ways.

"I'll meet you guys by the elevator," I told Louis, Niall, and Harry enthusiastically. "Since I know where the pool is and you don't."

Louis rolled his eyes. "I'm sure we can find it on our own," he said. I rolled my eyes back and went into my hotel room.

"Can I go swimming, Liam?" I asked, thinking it was safe I asked him anyway.

He sighed. "Fine, but make sure there's someone there to keep an eye on you."

"Harry, Niall, and Louis will be there."

"Not exactly my top three choices, but okay then...."

"Thanks, LiLi!" I cried, diving into the bathroom with my swimsuit. Maybe Aiden would be there. I could ask him, as long as Liam didn't find out. Hopefully the other three boys would keep their mouths shut too.

I grabbed my phone and quickly dialed Aiden's number. I changed as it rang and put it on speakerphone in case he answered while I was still busy. He answered.

"Hello, Aiden speaking?" he said.

"Hey, Aiden, it's me, Delilah," I said. It was still on speakerphone.

"Who?"

I rolled my eyes. "Lily," I reminded him.

"Oh, Lily!" he exclaimed. "You're still in the hotel?"

I felt my stomach drop in disappointment. "You're not?" I asked.

"Oh, I am. I just thought you were gone already."

"Oh!" I laughed. "No, I'm still here. I'm probably going to be here for the next week."

"Wow, that's a long time. So, what's up?"

I had almost forgotten. "Me and my brother's friends are going swimming," I said. "Wanna join us?"

Pause at the other end. "Sure," Aiden finally said. "I've got my suit. But won't you get in trouble?"

"No, as long as my brother doesn't find out."

"Alright then. I'll see you by the pool."

He hung up before I could ask him if he knew where it was. He probably did if he said that.

I traipsed out of the bathroom and shoved my clothes in my suitcase. I also tucked my phone away safely, turning it completely off in case Liam decided to go snooping. "I'll be at the pool!" I shouted as I left.

"I know!" Liam replied and I shut the door.

I ran over to the elevator, and my heart literally stopped. Holy crap nuggets, did those boys look hot without shirts on! They didn't notice me, so I took my time staring at them until the picture was trapped in my brain forever.

"Hello, boys," I said, finally drawing attention to myself.

They looked up. "Nice bikini," Niall commented and Harry glared at him.

"Chill," I told him. "You can say what you want when Liam's not around. Now let's go, time's a'wasting!"

We bundled into the tiny elevator space and I was practically squished against Harry. I couldn't control my breathing. Too many sexy shirtless guys!

Finally the door opened and I hurried out of there. I'd gotta play it cool.... like the way Liam would epically fail at.

I ran to the pool, and I heard the boys behind me following. I turned the corner and grinned. There it was. But then I frowned. Where's Aiden?

"Is that it?" Louis asked, and I forced myself to stay calm. I get freaked out easily. I gave him a smartass look. "No, that's the salon," I said sarcastically. "Duh, of course it is!"

We neared the door. "Does anybody have a room key?" I asked nervously. I had stupidly forgotten mine again.

"Yep," Harry chirped and inserted it. The light glowed green and we were granted access. We went inside. I threw my towels that I brought with me down onto a chair.

"That looks cold," Niall remarked.

"Probably is," I agreed, and with a running start, I cannonballed into it. "Brrr!" I gasped, resurfacing. I tried flipping my hair to no avail. "It's FREEZING!!"

"Just the way I hate it," Harry said, dipping his toe in. I got used to the water, and I swam up to him. I grabbed his leg and pulled him in.

"Ow!" he yelled when his bum slammed against the pool side.

"My bad," I giggled. He glared after me as I swam away. "There's a hot tub over there," I said, jutting my chin over to the little covered area of the pool room.

"Really?" Louis asked enthusiastically. "Don't mind if I do." He strutted over there.

Two seconds later, screaming erupted from somewhere. I clapped my hands over my ears and even Niall looked startled. Louis sprinted from the hot tub and into the pool, still screaming. When his head was underwater, I asked Harry, "What's his problem?"

"Whoever knows with Louis?" he replied. The answer of my question came out of the hot tub.

"Hey, Lily!" Aiden shouted and jumped into the pool, around the area where Louis was. Louis shot out of the water and hid behind me.

"Hey, Aiden," I replied, face reddening. Thanks a lot, Louis, for embarrassing me in front of my new boy friend. Note the space!

"I think your friend there is scared of me," Aiden chuckled.

"Perhaps," I agreed, rolling my eyes.

"Hardly," Louis retorted. "He just surprised me, that's all."

Niall coughed.

"Oh!" I said in realization. "Guys, this is Aiden. Aiden, meet the guys, three of four of my brother's circle of friends."

"Nice to meet you," Aiden said politely. "Sort of."

"I'm Harry," Harry introduced himself, and Aiden snickered. "Seriously?" he asked.

"Yeah," Harry replied, frowning. "What's so funny?"

"Nothing," Aiden said quickly, composing himself.

"I'm Niall," Niall piped up, stepping into the pool slowly. "And that idiot over there hiding behind Lily is Louis."

"Offensive," Louis muttered, and I moved away.

"Why do you guys look so familiar?" Aiden mused, though more to himself than us.

"Oh, um...." Niall stammered and shot me a glare. What? How was this MY fault? It's THEIR fault that they're so famous!

"Average faces," I said the first thing that came to mind.

Aiden frowned. "What?" he asked.

"Average faces," I explained. "They're faces that you see everyday. They're just... average." That absolutely made no sense, even to me.

"Excuse me--" Louis started to say but I shoved his head underwater. Thank goodness there was no lifeguard around. We could discuss Louis' sexiness later, when a certain someone wasn't there.

"Alright then," Aiden said doubtfully. "Where's your brother?" he asked me.

"Sleeping," I replied.

"You said this was three out of four of his friends. Where's the fourth?"

"Why do you care?" Niall retorted before I could stop him.

Surprisingly, Aiden laughed. "I don't know," he said honestly. "I guess I'm just curious. I want to be a psychologist when I'm older."

"Really?" Harry asked. "I wanted to be a lawyer, but that was before--" I shoved his head underwater next. Sheesh, these boys stink at keeping secrets.

Aiden frowned at me, and I gave him a small, nervous smile. I was pushed away, and Harry resurfaced. He glared at me before continuing, "But that was before I decided to become a shoe-maker."

I face-palmed to conceal my giggles. A shoe-maker? That was the best he could do?

Someone Tasered me, and I screamed, jumping up. Louis laughed at me, and I tackled him.

"Whoa, whoa, children!" Niall shouted, separating us. "Let's try this again. I'M TEAM CAPTAIN NUMBER ONE!!"

"I'M NUMBER TWO!!" Louis screamed back, and I frowned in confusion, but I giggled again at his choice of words.

"Oooh, water games?" Harry cried excitedly, and the other two nodded.

"What are water games?" Aiden asked, voicing my thoughts exactly.

"Think about that question real hard," Louis retorted. "But you look strong, you're on my team."

"No! I get Aiden!" Niall argued. "You can get Harry!"

Louis glared at him for a moment. "Fair enough," he finally conceded.

"What team am I on?" I asked. I had no idea what we were doing, but I didn't want to be left out either way.

"You pick," Niall said, but his eyes were sending me a different message.

They all stared at me. "Team Niadenlah," I conceded, mixing Niall's, Aiden's, and my names all together. I went over to them.

"Team Larry!" Harry whooped and they went into a huddle.

Niall huddled us together. "Okay, so what are we doing?" I whispered.

"Water games," he explained quickly. "You just pretty much attack the other team in any means possible involving water. Unfortunately, we don't have water guns or water balloons or slip 'n' slides or--"

"Niall!" I interrupted him, getting him back on track.

"But we do have the pool," Niall conceded. "Lily, you attack Louis, and me and Aiden will get Harry. Agreed?"

"Sure," Aiden and I said unison.

"Alright," Niall said in satisfaction. "Team Niadenlah go!"

"Team Larry go!" Louis and Harry chorused and we raced towards each other in slow motion. Because, you know, the water.

Harry made his way towards me, but Aiden slammed into him, taking him down. Niall and Louis were grappling with each other, and I leaped onto Louis' back. He was slippery, but I managed to cling on with my fingernails. I bet it hurt a lot for him. This proved it: "Ouch!" he yelped when I scratched him harder.

"Bwahaha!" I cackled evilly, but suddenly he did a back-flop: leaping up and falling on his back. I was completely submerged underwater, and caught by surprise, I started choking. I shoved myself away, clenching my eyes shut tight, and I resurfaced a few feet away. I gasped and rubbed my stinging eyes, glaring in Louis' direction. He and Niall were still tackling each other.

I decided to help Aiden and I spotted he and Harry pushing each other around. They weren't really doing anything manly, so I decided to shake things up a bit.

I swam over, and they didn't even notice me. I sucked in a mouthful of air and plunged my head underwater. I forced my eyes open and swam under Harry's legs. When I was in my desired position, I shot upward.

I heard a yell of surprise and suddenly Harry was behind me underwater. While he was disoriented, I popped up again and me and Aiden stumbled away.

"What did you do?" he asked, staring at Harry. I winked. "I might have swam under his legs and jumped up," I said.

Aiden laughed. "Did you hurt him?" he asked.

"I hope not," I said with a shrug.

"I'm going to sit out," Harry announced, waddling over to the edge of the pool.

I grinned. "Or maybe I did," I said.

"What?" Louis shouted. "No, Haz! You can't surrender!"

"Just did," Harry retorted and heaved himself up and out.

Me and Aiden attacked Louis, and with Niall's help, we pushed him underwater. "I hope Louis has a good set of lungs," I commented.

"Eh, he'll surrender before long," Niall said certainly.

About thirty seconds later, I tripped and Louis' head resurfaced, gasping and spluttering. "Alright," he muttered. "I surrender."

"Yes!" I yelled. "Team Niadenlah rules!" We all high-fived.

~*~*~*~

"It was nice to meet you, Aiden," Niall said politely as we stood together by the pool's exit.

Aiden nodded in agreement. "Same to you," he replied. "I'm proud to have been on the winning team." He smirked. "And it was nice to meet you, Louis and Harry," he added to the other two dripping boys.

"Pleasure," Harry said.

"Wish I could say the same," Louis said, and I elbowed his side. He grunted. "I mean, yeah, same here," he said, rubbing his side and glaring at me. I smiled back up at him innocently.

"I should probably get going," Aiden said apologetically. "Mother gets impatient. But maybe we can do this again sometime."

"Never do the same thing twice," Louis said, and I hissed, "Louis!" Why was he so negative all of a sudden?

But Aiden didn't look offended. "Okay then," he said nonchalantly. "We can do something else. See you later." As Niall and Harry waved as he walked away, Louis muttered, "Don't count on it."

I groaned once Aiden was out of earshot. "What is wrong with you?" I demanded. "Aiden was just being polite, and suddenly you're in a bad mood."

Louis glared back at me and turned up his nose, sort of like a girl would do. "I'm not in a bad mood," he protested.

"Yes, you are," I countered.

"I don't care," Louis retorted like a child and stomped off.

I glared after him. "What's up with him?" I snapped at Harry and Niall.

Niall shrugged, but Harry narrowed his eyes. "All I'm going to say is that Louis gets jealous easily," he said in a warning tone. "Just be careful with who you hang around with."

I frowned in confusion. Since when did jealousy get mixed into this? And why would Louis be jealous of Aiden?