Chapter 25

Chapter 25

"You boys ready for this?" I asked, smiling proudly. "It's your sixth biggest concert of the year."

Harry rolled his eyes. "Aren't all of our concerts big?" he pointed out.

"So?" I retorted. "Your point?"

I went up to him and straightened his bow tie. "You nervous?" I asked.

"Nope," he replied confidently. "This'll be a piece of cake."

I moved on to Louis. "Excited?" I asked, getting up in his face. He took a step back. "Yes," he replied. "But a little nervous too."

"You'll be fine," I encouraged him and went up to Niall next.

"Niall!" I gasped. "Were you eating Nando's with ketchup again? I told you you're supposed to eat it with barbecue sauce!"

"BBQ sauce," Liam agreed.

"Whipped cream!" Niall protested.

"Ketchup!" Louis argued.

"Mayonnaise," Zayn piped up.

"Mustard," Harry chirped.

"Shut up!" I ordered and they quieted down. "Who cares," I sighed. "You've still got something on your shirt."

Niall and I both rubbed at it, but that only seemed to make it worse. "Stop it!" Zayn said, slapping our hands away. "Chill, Lily, it's not like anyone will notice." I pouted slightly but I obeyed him anyway.

"What about you?" I asked Zayn. "Excited, nervous, or all of the above?"

"All of the above," he replied. "But hey, who isn't?"

"Me!" Harry said.

"Liar," Zayn retorted. Harry didn't bother defending himself.

I finished with Liam. I ran my hands through his fuzzy hair like I had all those days ago, back in the beginning.

"How are you?" I asked sweetly.

He sighed. "Could be better," he said. "I'm blaming it on you."

I frowned. "Why?" I asked in a complaining tone.

"You're keeping me stressed out," he explained. "You are driving me crazy with all of your pranks and friendships and whatever! But I love you anyway." He pinched my cheek playfully. I pried his hand away and gave him a half-smile. "I'm sorry about that," I said admittedly. "And I love you too." We embraced briefly.

I backed up a step and grinned at the boys. "Alrighty!" I said loudly, clapping my hands together. "Go out there and make me proud, boys!"

Starting with Liam and ending with Harry, they raced out. Oddly, they each pecked my cheek on the way. Weird, but okay then.

I leaned against the backstage wall, still grinning. I clapped my hands along with the rest of the fangirls as they cheered for them. They started out with "Up All Night", which was like their theme song other than WMYB. I rocked out by myself in the shadows.

They continued to sing and hop around onstage, and my heart longed to join them. But I had to stay where I was. I had already caused Liam so much trouble already, why should I add to his plate?

After a while, they brought up the tweets fans often sent them. I grinned evilly and pulled out my own phone.

"My weirdest dream?" Louis mused. "Um, I think I was at a coffee shop and a large lobster came crashing in--"

"Okay!" Harry shouted, cutting Louis off as the fans laughed. "Mine was the usual: kissing a pretty girl."

"Average!" Niall laughed.