Chapter 11

Chapter 11

I didn't know what was up with Harry and why he was all negative. Other than the worms, I didn't see why he would hate me. And who could ever hate me? I was so lovable and sexy and funny. Who could resist me? Oh gosh, I sounded like Zayn.

I was pretty bored the next morning. I was suffering from a lazy day, which should have been impossible because I was on tour with One Direction!

But that didn't snap me out of it, so I checked my new Twitter. My eyes widened. I had ten new followers just because of that photo of Louis. I sat up and searched through them.

One girl in particular caught my eye. Her username was @1Disthekey and she had replied, "What else have you got for us?"

I grinned and replied, "I dunno. Lemme go check ;)". I exited out of the app and pulled up the camera. I wandered around the tour bus.

I didn't find any juicy stuff at first, but then I entered the kitchen and laughed. Niall's mouth was half-full with a peanut-butter-and-jelly sandwich, and he was having trouble cleaning it up.

"Hey, Niall, say, 'sexy'!" I squealed, holding up my iPod.

"Thexy!" he mumbled immediately.

I snapped the photo and he frowned. "Waff wath that for?" he asked, spraying sandwich.

"Nothing," I said quickly. "And be a lady and swallow. It's rude to talk with your mouth full."

I went back into my room and posted the photo on Twitter, adding, "Niall's new makeup! XD".

"Hey, Lily," Liam suddenly said, poking his head in. I jumped and my iPod nearly flew from my grasp. I tightened my grip on it and stared at him fearfully. "What?" I asked, worried he had found out about my Twitter. None of the other boys knew about it yet.

"We're going to be arriving at the hotel soon," he told me calmly. "You should start packing up."

I breathed a small sigh of relief. "Okay," I said and started throwing my stuff in my suitcases.

"When will we get there?" I shouted, since Liam had left.

"Um, maybe twenty minutes?" he called back.

"Okay!" I repeated and went into the bathroom to grab my hair and makeup products. The door was closed, but it was unlocked. I opened it.

I screamed so loud I was sure it could be heard back in China and I slammed the door shut, leaning against it. My heart thudded in my chest and my face turned beet red. Oh my gosh....

Louis, Zayn, Niall, and Liam all came running. "What happened, Delilah?" Liam demanded.

I gulped. "I-I went inside a-and Harry was in there p-p...." I couldn't make myself say the word.

Louis burst out laughing. "I wish I was there to see it!" he said.

"Of course you would!" I retorted.

He registered what I meant. "Not like that," he scowled. "I wish I got to see your reaction."

"Holy crap!" Niall laughed. "Talk about invaded privacy!"

Liam sighed and shook his head, face a little red himself.

"Tell me about it!" a voice shouted from inside the bathroom. "You can never get away from her!"

"Offensive!" I cried. My back was still pressed up against the door, and it suddenly opened up, making me fall backward. Two large, strong hands pushed me back and I nearly fell into Liam.

Harry glared at me. "Next time, knock," he told me sharply.

"Next time, lock the door!" I retorted. I was scarred....

He rolled his eyes and marched away.

"Next time, both of you do what you said," Liam said.

A few minutes later and the bus pulled up to our hotel. "Be warned," Louis advised me as I hauled my stuff towards the exit of the bus. "There will probably be fans out there. We can't let them see you."

I scoffed. "Oh, please," I said. "What's the worst they can do? Throw tampons at me?"

"Yes," he said in all seriousness, but a smile quirked at his lips.

"I'll be fine, Lou," I sighed.

"Nicknames now, huh?" Niall asked, coming in from the kitchen. "You two are getting close."

I glared at him as my face flushed red again. "We're only friends," I said defensively. "Tell him, Louis."

But Louis only shrugged, and didn't exactly defend himself. Thanks for the support, pal.

"We have three seconds," Liam said, swinging a backpack over his shoulder. "On the count of three. One, two--"

"Sausage!" me and Louis chorused and we rushed down the steps and into the crowd.

Louis was right: fangirls were everywhere! There was no way I was going to make it inside of that hotel unnoticed.

"We should've taken the back way!" I heard Liam hiss behind me as he waved to fans and pretended to look totally chipper.

"Hide me!" I found myself pleading.

"Wish granted!" Louis said and stuck something over my head.

"What the--" I started to yell but he shushed me. "Just pretend you're part of the luggage," he instructed me. That was the stupidest thing I'd ever heard, but I listened anyway. I ducked down and pretended to be a walking suitcase. Not suspicious at all.

We finally managed to make it inside of the hotel unscathed, and we all breathed a sigh of relief.

"Okay, I'll get the room cards, you guys stay here," Liam said, playing the daddy role again.

"Yes, Father," we replied. He went over to the front desk.

"Oohh, mints!" I squealed and darted over to the coffee table for a couple. I popped three into my mouth.

"Who knows how long those have been in there," Zayn said pointedly, glancing at the dusty bowl.

"Who gives a crap?" I retorted and continued sucking.

"Amen," Niall said and grabbed a few too.

"These are the sleeping arrangements," Liam said, handing Zayn and Harry a room key. "Me and Delilah get one, Harry and Louis get one, and Niall and Zayn get one. How's that?"

"Good enough for me," Louis said and Niall nodded.

We headed up to the fortieth floor together. "We're pretty high up," I said, pressing my nose against the glass. I'm not usually afraid of heights, but my vision got fuzzy and my heart pounded in my chest. I drew back.

"Yep," Liam agreed. "I love top floor."

"Me too," I said, though how I knew that, I have no idea.

The elevator dinged, and the doors slid apart. We stepped out and I took a peek over the railing and into the lobby, despite my new fear. I suddenly had the urge to jump, so I thought it wise I backed away.

"We have rooms 444, 445, and 446," Liam told us as we went to our rooms. "We have rehearsal tomorrow, so no horsing around, okay?" He looked at Louis and Harry pointedly.

"No promises," Louis said.

Liam continued to stare at him.

"Maybe."

Stare.

"Just a little?"

Stare.

"Alright, fine!" he exclaimed. "No horsing around, we get it!"

Liam smirked and blinked a few times. "See you in the morning, boys," he said. "Let's meet by the elevator by seven, okay?"

"Seven?!" I exclaimed. "No way am I doing seven! Nine at the latest!"

"No, Lily," Liam countered seriously. "We have to get up early so we can rehearse more. You'll live."

"I'm starting to think going to Mexico was the better option," I mumbled under my breath.

Unfortunately, Liam heard me. "You had no choice," he reminded me as he inserted the room key into the scanner. The other boys left us.

"Oh, whatever," I huffed and sashayed inside.

It was a nice room: complete with two closets, a set of drawers, a small kitchen, two beds, a bathroom consisting of a shower and two sinks and (most importantly) the toilet, two flat-screen TVs, and even a living room. I was happy to see an outdoor balcony too.

"Hotel sweet hotel," Liam sighed.

"How long will we be staying here?" I asked.

"Maybe a couple weeks at the most," he replied. "Never longer than that."

I nodded. "What songs will you be singing?" I asked after a moment.

"We'll find out tomorrow," he told me. "Now I'm tired. Go and explore the hotel or something while I sleep."

I rolled my eyes and went into the living room so he could change. Once it was safe for me to look, instead of turning back, I kicked off my shoes, took off my jacket, and left our hotel room.

I stupidly forgot the room key. But I wouldn't remember that until later. When it was crucial.