Chapter 9

Chapter 9

Being grounded on a bus for two days really gives you jelly legs. And bad hair days. And a hated feeling towards the others.

Liam had literally exploded as soon as the bus was away from the fans. He was especially angry at Louis and Harry for letting me "convince" them into this, but it wasn't even my idea! It was Louis'! But Liam wasn't about to take any of my "shit".

He was uber pissed, and grounded all of us. I was uber pissed back, and soon it was an all-out war between siblings. Niall took me and Louis' side, and Zayn and Harry took Liam's side. Naturally Harry would go over to the dark side.

Our argument finally ended when the bus driver yelled at us that he was getting a migraine from all of our screaming. Apparently that meant team Niadelouis lost. See, that's how bored I was. I'd made up names for our teams. Team Zaliarry. Yeah, I was still working on that one.

Me and Louis were pretty angry about the punishment, but I don't think Harry gave a crap. He's always holed up in his room and only came out to eat or use the bathroom. This must've been like paradise to him.

I was drawing in my room when I had an idea. I put it off until my drawing was finished, and I held it up. I smiled. It was a picture of two Lion King cubs wrestling together. It was cute. I put it in my art binder which I slipped under the bunk bed. Couldn't have anybody finding that.

I picked up my large box of magic markers and headed into the main entrance.

Louis was passed out on the couch as the TV blared. I turned it off and sat down on the little space of the couch that was left. I considered what I should draw first. Mmm, something with lots of colors. Oh, I know! A girl's face. Particularly, mine. A self-portrait.

I jumped to my feet and raided my makeup supply. I swept it all into the magic marker box and sat back down on the couch next to Louis.

I picked up my cherry red lipstick that I never used and coated it really thickly on Louis' lips. So thick that I hoped it left a stain on his girlfriend's cheek even after she tried washing it off.

Next I picked up a dark purple eyeshadow and colored in his eyelids. I smirked as I applied mascara. Gosh, he has really long eyelashes. Good. I took out my blush and made his cheeks a pretty pink.

Okay, now I would have to be a makeup freak to go out in public like this. Louis had better be embarrassed when he woke up. It's hard to tell with this guy.

I was tempted to paint his fingernails, so I figured, why the hell not? I chose my reddest, most sparkliest nail polish and applied, like, three coats to his nails. Then I went really far and filed his nails until they were a ladylike round.

What else should I do? Hmm.... I didn't think there was much else I could do. I swallowed back my laughter and put my makeup supplies away.

I took my iPod out of my pocket and took a picture. Since Liam wasn't here and I was already pissed at him, I made myself a Twitter account called @1Dee_Lily and posted the picture, along with a caption saying, "Doesn't Louis look all dolled up for his date with Harry! XD". Of course, no one replied immediately and I wasn't sure how the heck Twitter worked so I tossed my iPod aside.

I had to share this with someone else. Niall, duh. I raced to the entrance of the bus and looked around. Niall was resting against the side of the bus, enjoying a large slice of pepperoni pizza. Ugh, I was jealous.

I pounded the side of the bus with my fist, and Niall jumped thirty feet into the air, dropping his pizza. He spun around and saw me. "Hey!" he yelled. "You made me drop my pizza! And I thought you were supposed to stay inside."

I huffed. "I am inside, technically," I added quickly. "But that's beside the point. Come over here, I have to show you something!"

He came over taking his nice, sweet time, and once he was within reach I grabbed his arm and yanked him inside. "Ow!" he cried, rubbing his arm once I gave it back. "What is it you have to show me?"

I pointed. He burst out laughing. Promptly waking Louis up.

"Uh oh," Niall murmured into my ear. "You can take this blow by yourself." He skittered off the bus, leaving me to my demise.

Louis sat up, and rubbed his eyes, getting purple eyeshadow all over his hands. I winced, but he didn't seem to notice. He frowned at me. "Why are you staring at me like that?" he asked.

"Staring at you like what?" I squeaked out.

"Like you expect me to start yelling at you," he said. He narrowed his eyes. "Lily, what did you do?" he asked suspiciously. Good, he's using my nickname, he's not completely pissed yet. Of course he's not, he didn't know about the prank yet.

Before I could tell him, Liam came onto the bus. "Hey, guys--" he started to say but stopped when he saw Louis' face. "What--" he began but while Louis' back was turned I went totally berserk: waving my arms and pulling a panicked face. Liam looked at me weirdly, and I calmed down when Louis turned to look at me too.

"Well, anyway," Liam said, shrugging. "We got a heads up from Simon saying that our concert isn't too far from here. In other words, tour has really started!"

"All I care about is if I get off this stinking bus," I said.

He rolled his eyes. "You do," he said.

I sighed in exaggerated relief. "Finally!" I declared and plopped down onto the couch beside Louis.

Niall and Zayn hopped onto the bus and stared at Louis. "Why is everyone staring at me?" he demanded.

"Oh, I don't know," Niall said sarcastically. "Maybe it's because you look like a makeup fanatic."

I stiffened and Louis frowned. "What the hell are you talking about?" he asked and touched his face. He looked at his hand and stared at it for about two seconds. Then he jumped up and raced to the bathroom.

"Who's responsible for this?" Zayn asked. I raised my hand. The left side of his mouth turned up in a half-smile. "I suspected as much," he said.

"DELILAH!!" Louis yelled from the bathroom.

"Sorry, big bro," I told Liam. "But my life is at stake here, so...." I didn't finish my sentence as I jumped off the bus and ran for my life.

Why is it that I seemed to be running everywhere these days?

Author's Note (I recommend you read this):

Hello!! So, I guess I was lying to you guys when I said I wouldn't post because I posted!! Twice!!! But that's not exactly what I wanted to tell you. Instead, Delilah's Twitter account is REAL!!!!! Give her a follow @1Dee_Lily and help us out! We don't know how to work Twitter!

Lily: Yes, please help us!

Me: I think I already established that!

Lily: Well, I don't think you were clear enough! HELP US!!! That's better.

Me: You are SO repetitive.....

Lily: You do realize you're typing this whole conversation?

Me: Oh yeah.....

Well, anyways, check out the crazy inside stuff we're tweeting about 1D!! We guarantee you haven't heard it yet.....

Stay Beautiful!
-Sammi