Rumble Time

Me and Soda just spent the rest of his shift hanging out. Man how was I gonna tell him that I was going to fight in the rumble. So on the way back to his house I brought up the subject of the rumble. He said that he was so excited for it, he also said that I was really good in rumbles but that I would have to sit this one out. "What!" I said. "There is no weapons only fists I will be fine, you even said so yourself that I was very good in rumbles." I continued. "No!" he said "and that's final." WELL THATS TOO DAMN BAD BECAUSE I AM FIGHTING ANYWAY I AND I DONT GIVE A SHIT ABOUT WHAT THOSE SOCS THINK THEY CAN DO BECAUSE I WON'T LET THEM TOUCH ME." I screamed. He and everyone around us stopped and looked at me, he said to me "Your right I trust that you can stay safe and I know that you can fight, so you can fight in the rumble as long as you stay close to me." "Ok.'' I said. Then he told e to meet  him at him house at eight. It was seven right now. So I ran to my house and told my mom that I probably would not be coming home tonight, but I didn't mention the rumble. Then all the sudden she told me that she feels that me and Sodapop are going too fast and that she doesn't think that I should be hanging out with Greasers all the time. I told her that they are nice guys and that they are like brothers to me. She said fine and rolled her eyes and walked away. I quickly got ready and ran to Soda's. I got there and Soda was playing poker with Steve and was pulling an ace out of his shoe when Steve caught him and began to arm wrestle. I went to go join their game of poker. Then after a while we all started pouring out of the house doing flips and stuff. Since I am a cheerleader I was doing crazy stunts and flips while Soda caught me every time. Once we got to the lot we stood in a mob and waited for the Socs to show up. In anticipation I lit a cancer stick, plus I also wanted to look tough and tuff. Then all the Socs started to pull up and pour out of their cars. Then Darry and this guy Paul started talking when Dally ran into the lot screaming "HEY YOU KNOW A RUMBLE AINT A RUMBLE WITHOUT ME." That's when the first punch was thrown. We all started to fight, I had to say I was doing pretty good and then it stared to rain and the Socs started to beat it out of there. We had won and we all went back to the Curtis's except for Pony and Dal.

Ponyboy's P.O.V.

After we had won the rumble me and Dallas drove to go tell Johnny that we had won the rumble. When we got there and told him he said that fighting was useless and then he said "Stay Gold Ponyboy, Stay Gold..." Then he died. He didn't even look peacefully asleep either, he just looked dead. Dallas couldn't take it and he started pounding the door screaming things and then he left. I went back home and walked through the door everyone was loud and cheery until they saw me. They asked me what was wrong and I told them that Johnny was dead and he told me to stay gold and that Dally ran off and was gonna blow.

Tammy's P.O.V.

Everyone went back to the house to celebrate and after a short  while Ponyboy walked through the door with a sullen look on his face. We all stopped talking, noticing something was wrong and asked him what was wrong and he said that Johnny was dead and Dally ran off somewhere and was gonna blow. We were all so nervous and sad, all we could do was sit there motionless saying "I can't believe this happened, he didn't deserve the bad things in life he had to suffer from and that he was dead now and its the end."

Authors Note:

Hey everyone, I know this chapters sad but things will pick up believe me and I hope you liked it thanks a million for reading. Bye.