Chapter 1

Chapter 1

"Okay Selena, now turn a little more to the left...STOP!...wait turn back to where you were...no it is all wrong, MY MIND IS CLOUDED! TAKE 10 PEOPLE"

This has now been going on for 3 hours. Jeff, the photographer for my Vogue cover, has been unable to sucessfully get the 'image' he has been visualising; resulting in everyone on set growing more and more frustrated.

They say modelling is a tough job, and damn, they weren't exaggerating in the slightest.

I walk away from the eyes of the cameras and the bright lighting, flopping down on the chair in front of the mirror where my hair and makeup was done earlier. And the 12 touch-ups since then.

I look around at the studio, the glossy floors, the chatter of editors and photographers, and then the images of me on screens around the room. It would be a lie to say I hate my job, it's quite the opposite. Ever since I featured in the VS swimwear advert last month, my modelling career has sky rocketed. With calls from several brands asking me to shoot with them, to interview requests from magazines; my agent Ryan is definitely a patient man.

My career first started when I appeared in Topshop's SS13 collection, and here I am now. 20 years old, two years and several shoots and commercials later and I'm getting my own Vogue magazine cover- it still sounds crazy to say it aloud.

"Okay let's try and do this again people!" calls Jeff, making his way back to his position with the camera. I sigh, heaving myself up from my chair and making my way over to the set again.

We decided on a pastel pink backdrop as this is for Vogue's summer issue. To compliment the pink, I'm wearing a pure white strapless dress which hugs my figure and my brown hair is styled immaculately in loose curls that run down my back. Then there's my makeup which has been done perfectly, with just the right amount of bronzer to give me a glowing, summery aura. The hair and makeup team definitely worked some magic.

I settle back down on to the stool I was on before and the familiar clicking sound of cameras starts once more.

__________

Another hour, 2 more breaks, and several complaints later the shoot is eventually over. Jeff finally got some shots he was really pleased with, and everyone else seemed to love them too. To say I am excited for this cover is an understatement, this is a dream come true. It has definitely been one very long day on set though, and I'm in serious need for some retail therapy; or maybe just my bed.

After changing into my grey top, pleated skirt and heels from before the shoot I make my way out of the dressing room, throwing my hair up into a high ponytail and pulling my shades over my eyes as I walk towards the exit.

"Good job today Sel! I'll email you the pictures once they're ready" Jeff says, grinning at me. I smile back at him. As frustrating as he can be due to his perfectionist tendencies, he's still a good guy and a great friend.

"Thanks for today J, and I can't wait!" I wave to him and say goodbye to a few others before leaving.

I walk out of the urban studio, my heels clicking along the hard floor as I push through the exit doors. The paparazzi have already started swarming with eagerness, desperate for a picture and throwing several requests at me like I'm some sort of show dog. Thankfully, the black car is waiting for me outside, the door open, and Cameron from my security team is standing next to it; ready to go as soon as I am.

This, my friends is what a modern day superhero looks like.

I walk over to him hurriedly, my hand shielding my eyes from the cameras. Cam and I exchange quick smiles before I slip into the car. He then shuts the door behind me briskly before jogging round to the passenger seat and hopping in too, signalling for the driver to go. My agent, Ryan, is sitting on the seat next to me whilst on the phone to someone; he looks really excited as he listens.