Chapter 9

Chapter 9

"I still can't believe you stayed at Zach's last night, you cheeky seductress!"

I groan, massaging my temples with my fingertips.

"It really wasn't like that at all. I left my address book at his villa accidentally, that's the only reason he was here in the first place."

She winks,"Oh 'accidentally', suuuure." She then continues before I can cut in. "It looks like your granny address book came in handy for once. I may try that method if it gets me a hottie as well"

"Jess!"

Currently my best friend is freaking out in excitement over the fact that I stayed at Zach's house last night. Even though I have explained the situation many times, as well as emphasising that he and I are barely even friends, and that we slept in separate rooms; Jess is still conjuring up her own scenarios.

So far she's adamant that Zach "rocked my world all night" and that we're now in some secret love affair.

Because obviously that's so believable. Note the sarcasm.

I left Zach's place at around 8am this morning, firstly to avoid any paparazzi and their gossip, and secondly because I have so much to do today. It wasn't awkward between Zach and I, thankfully. He even offered to make me breakfast, which did make me smile. Cam called this morning whilst I was eating breakfast too, he said they managed to get a hold of the intruder, it turns out it was a crazy fan who'd apparently been hiding in the bushes for ages waiting for me to come home. They took him down to the police station and my place has been given the all clear in the security sweep. It makes me shiver just thinking about it, and it's embarrassing that I jumped on Zach like a baby, crying. The fact that someone was so concealed yet so near is what freaked me out. At least it's over now; my security alarm is being upgraded as well. I can't take any chances.

"I still can't believe you didn't just call me last night! I'm your best friend," she says on a more serious note.

I sigh "I know you are, but you would have been so worried and I didn't want to put you through that. I was honestly going to call you at first though." Her face is now scrunched up in confusion.

"Why didn't you?"

"Well Zach said I could go to his, and he was being really persistent, so I-"

"You ditched me for sex on legs?!"

"I did not!"

Jess carries on her quest to make me feel more guilty. "I could have made you your favourite smoothie, or we could have made smores, and we could have watched movies" I groan, she sighs and continues "Buuut, I guess we can do that when we MOVE IN TOGETHER!" Jess' voice escalates in volume dramatically in that one sentence, clapping her hands in excitement. I join in with her excitement since I feel exactly the same way about this situation.

Jess is still living with her parents, and instead of her getting her own place alone, she's going to move in with me into my house. I can't wait to have a roommate! We decided it would be better than us both living alone, especially after last night's events.

I get up from the sofa I am lounged on, ready to make my way upstairs to get changed for an interview I have in a few hours. As if by magic, my phone starts ringing at that very moment, Jess snatches it from me, ignoring my protests and answers it before I can get to her.

She looks over at me mischievously, I try grabbing for the phone but she dodges.

"Oh, hiiiya Nate! It's Jess" She winks at me. I glare at her, she just carries on. I sigh, deciding to just wait it out. There's no fighting with Jess, I've learnt that over the course of our friendship. Suddenly Jess' eyes light up, I start feeling nervous about the conversational path this is taking.