Chapter 11

Chapter 11

The family get together is pretty much over by 10pm. It was really nice for us all to be in one place and relax. I had a fun time too, finding myself to become accustomed to my family's weird jokes. Xan and Belle are staying over tonight, so is Cait. I am heading home in half an hour or so though because I didn't bring an overnight bag, and also since I have agreed to meet Zach tomorrow.

Dad, Cait, mum and I are all sitting in the lounge with some wine. Dad and mum are immersed in watching Masterchef and debating on who their favourites are.

"So, who is Nate?" Cait asks me. We are both sitting on the same sofa, she looks over at me expectantly.

Of course my sister knows, it's all over the gossip magazines.

"He's a friend" I reply truthfully. She raises her eyebrows at me, taking a sip of wine from her glass before twirling the glass around a little.

"A 'friend'?" She repeats, her eyes have a mischievous glint in them. I nod, she gives me a knowing look. I sigh. Nothing gets past Cait, she knows exactly what's going on, she always does.

"Well we have been hanging out recently, just seeing where it goes. We've been on a few dates" I explain. Cait nods, I can tell she's already going through it all in her head. Her and Xander are both so overprotective when it comes to me and guys.

"He is a model too, right?" I roll my eyes.

"Cait, you've read everything already from a magazine. Right?" I shoot back, a smile breaks on to her face.

"Okay, okay. You got me. I already know who he is. I just wanted to hear it from you, not some exaggerated magazine" she justifies.

"We've kissed a few times" I confess. I am already prepared for what comes next.

"A few times?! I think you classify a friend differently than I classify a friend. I saw one kiss from the magazine, but I wasn't aware of the 'few' part" she teases.

"You have James, that's different. I don't have a boyfriend, and both me and Nate are aware that we're just friends...who also make out with one another" I finish.

"As long as you're careful Sel. It can get really complicated with situations like this. You might start off thinking you're okay with being just friends, but what if he's seeing other girls?" she warns. I know deep down that it could be a possibility, but me being me shuts it out.

"Maybe it will develop into a relationship, who knows. And he wouldn't be seeing other girls, he's not that sort of person" I take a sip of my wine. She nods. Nate said at the restaurant that he really likes me, I take that as unofficial commitment, hopefully he does too.

"So where does Zach come into all this?" She asks, I pause mid-drink, looking over at her, her question is really out of the blue, come to think of it all her questions are.

"He is Nate's best friend" I state simply. There really isn't anything else to it

"Zach Evans, the hot shot actor?" I nod in confirmation.

"So you're meeting him tomorrow?" She asks. I look at her pointedly.

"You were so eavesdropping earlier" I call her out, she nods shamelessly.

"I had just arrived and I came to find you, but then I heard you were on the phone. But that's not the point. Is Zach your friend too?" She asks. I pause. I'm not sure really. We don't know one another well at all.

"Well I guess so" I answer "not that sort of friend though." I then decide to go ahead and explain the break-in situation to her.

"There was an intruder at my house last week, a crazy fan who broke in--" before I can even continue, my mum's voice slices through mine.