Chapter 30

A/N

Hello to all you amazing (and patient) people reading this right now! Firstly, I owe you all an apology! I haven't updated in sooo long, BUT I have an explanation.

During the time I wasn't uploading new chapters, I received my final exam results as well as finding out if I got the grades I needed for university. I am so happy to say that I am going to be starting university in two weeks!(or college if you call it that instead.) After getting my results there was a lot of organisation that needed to be done- hence me not being on here as much.

As I will be going to university, I most probably won't be updating this story regularly- as I will be moving away from home for the first time etc; but I will try my best to do so when I can. I won't ever give up on TPOKE though! No matter how long it takes to finish!

One last thing. I usually post a message on my profile's notice board if I'm not going to update for a while/if I'm writing a chapter or if I have just updated; so head on over there if you're ever wondering what I'm up to or if I've not uploaded in a while.

Happy reading and thank you for all your continued support!

H x

___________

Chapter 30

"Selena, can you hear me?"

"Perhaps raise her head."

"No! Don't move her incase of a neck injury. The ambulance are near."

"What if she dies?"

"Pipe down."

The two prominent and bickering voices that greet me as I awake bring me an instant sense of relief and safety.

Yes, relief.

Admist the buzzing sensation reverberating through my skull and the uncomfortable pain at my waist, the muffled sound of Zach and Cam let's me know that I'm safe; not least that Zach is okay.

My eyes are still closed as my eyelids feel too heavy to lift, or perhaps I just want to avoid facing reality. The reality that a crazy stalker could have killed me and Zach, or that they nearly did. I can't believe he managed to get into the hotel room so easily.

How was I to know though?

Amongst the blur of my mind, I feel a partition of thoughts in relation to Zach; the replay of seeing him getting punched brutally, then him falling...laying unconscious.

With that, my eyes fly open immediately in a desperate attempt to check that he really is okay. I am instead greeted by the hard intensity of the light in the hotel room and the white ceiling; greatly contrasting the abyss of darkness I was floating in only moments before.

"Sel." I blink a few times in an attempt to adjust to the lights before flicking my gaze to the side of me.

Zach.

He's knelt beside me, a worried expression etched clearly on to his handsome face. Time seems to pause a little as we just hold one anothers gaze for a few moments, the relief on his face most likely mirroring mine. He gives me a small smile and then takes my left hand in both of his- giving a soft reassuring squeeze.