Chapter 8

Chapter 8

"How did you know where I live?" I ask Zach as I gaze out the window of his car, soaking in the night sky and LA city lights.

"Well, considering the fact that it was your address book I was coming to return, I did the rational thing to check for your own address in there, and voila." He then chuckles, "it's pretty funny that you've got an 'if lost, return to' page though."

I can't help but smile at that, even Jess has laughed at it before. It may seem weird, but as he has just proven, it's a good idea and did what it was supposed to. I can't help but let my thoughts wonder back to Cam and the security team.

"Do you think they've gotten a hold on the intruder?"

"They will find whoever it is. Even if they miraculously escaped, their fingerprints would be all over the door handle to your room." he points out. He's making valid points, I just can't help but feel on-edge.

I look over at Zach and I find myself fixated on his form; his eyes are on the road, with his strong arms in full view in his fitted tshirt since his jacket is still wrapped around me. With the lights of LA glistening around us, it casts a golden glow over Zach occasionally, he looks... angelic. No wonder he gets so much female attention. His gaze flickers over to me before I can react, raising his eyebrows at me since he's caught me checking him out. Dammit. I look away quickly and focus on the window again.

"You can try and dodge that one, but I caught you checking me out, Selatron." I can practically feel the ego rolling off him.

"Selatron?" I repeat. He nods, winking at me.

"Yeah, like a transformer."

I think we have a fangirl in the premises.

"Riiiight."

There is a silence for a few second before Zach speaks, his voice resembling more of a grumble this time. "Anything is better than 'Selly' to be fair"

I pause for a moment, processing his words. How would he know about that nickname? Unless...

Well, there's only one way to find out.

"And where did you get that one from?" He keeps his eyes on the road as he drives, evidently avoiding eye contact.

"Nate. We chilled for a while after he'd dropped you off at home" I nod. "You two really seem to be hitting it off well" he looks so relaxed as he speaks.

"I guess so." My voice unintentionally sounds uncertain and I don't know why. Yet, Zach doesn't comment on my awkward reply, instead staying silent as he continues to drive us to his house.

________

Half an hour later we are at Zach's luxury bachelor pad. When we first arrived I was surprised to not see the place where he had hosted his party, but he went on to explain that this is his actual house. It turns out the mansion where his party was is actually his parents' house that he used whilst they're overseas on business.

However, both the mansion and Zach's own house have one thing in common, they're both stunning; the bachelor pad in a more modern yet classy sort of way. The way the lights illuminate the outside of it contrasts the dark sky, giving the house an almost magical aura. Plus, the thematic exterior of stone and black is definitely something I'd associate with Zach.

"Do you live alone?" I ask him. We are both seated side-by-side out back in a comfy outdoor seating area. Zach has given me a blanket to wrap around myself too since I was shivering earlier.

He nods. "Yeah, I mean it's great because I have my own space, and I can pretty much do what I want." I can't agree more on that one, however after what happened tonight, I'm not so sure. I'm yet to hear from Cam with an update.