Chapter 25

Chapter 25

Upon passing through the security gates by giving my name, I see Steve sat on a director's chair under a canopy. He sees us and calls out to me immediately, waving his hands around frantically incase I can't locate him. It's pretty hard to miss him with the huge sun hat he's sporting, though.

"Selena!" I make my way over to him with Ry. Cam beelines for the refreshments table.

"Welcome to the set of 'Close Minds,' this is going to be such a great few months!" Steve pulls me into a huge hug as soon as I approach him, grinning from ear to ear.

I pull back and return his excited smile. This is going to be amazing.

He quickly ushers over a producer, introducing herself as 'Lauren' to show me around set, whilst Ryan decides to stay with Steve. We're not set to film for another hour and a half, giving me plenty of time to get accustomed to this all.

After the very tense remainder of the dinner party- where I ignored Zach as though he was a speck of dust on the wall, mum apologised to me for the way she acted. I gave in eventually. Zach's emotions were the main reason for my irritation towards her, as well as the humiliating discussion about Nate and I, but Zach's harsh words eradicated any guilt I felt for him.

I left the next morning, then made my way to New York yesterday evening after packing and having dinner with Alek and Jess again. It's fair to say that I love them together. They seem like they're on a constant high and I just want to squeeze them both endlessly in excitement for the future. Alek said he'd pop by the set to see me and his dad in a few days, with Jess promising to come too; so that's a bonus. 

"Selena, it's so great having you here." Lauren smiles from beside me as she leads me into the main building for today's filming, a hotel.

"Thank you so much, I'm honestly so honoured to have been selected."

"I knew Steve made the right decision with you. To be honest, it took a lot of persuading for a few of the team, you know the age old 'she has no experience' drama. But you've got to start somewhere, plus we've seen your features on multiple TV series already, you're a natural."

I'm so glad to hear that Steve and Lauren both had faith in me from the the start. It's understandable that some people were dubious about me being in this movie though, afterall it isn't the career I initially set out to do. I just hope that I can prove everyone wrong and eradicate any negative  stigma associated with models, like how we supposedly 'lack intellect.'

Lauren introduces me to some cameramen and crew before taking me aside. "So, very briefly. I'll run you through any rooms we're using in this hotel for the film, then I'll take you over to the cast and crew area so you can say hi to everyone and talk a little before we start to film." I nod at Lauren's plan and she tells me to follow her.

I realise as Lauren shows me around that we aren't really using many rooms in this hotel at all. Since the film focuses on an undercover detective, it does involve characters staying on the down low a lot, hence the variation in sets for the movie, ranging from highly expensive to very rundown. This particular hotel is actually really nice, not too flash, but simplistic and sleek. Lauren shows me the lobby that Zach will be filming part of a fight scene in, a bedroom where I will be making out with Oliver in, and a lift where Zach will also be filming a clip in. All in all, today's filming will be mostly focused around Zach, but he is the main role so that makes sense.

As for the making out with Oliver, the film includes a love triangle with Oliver, Zach and I; with all of our characters working for the same undercover cooperation. Oliver and I are an initial couple, but the growing feelings that my character- Eliza, and Zach's characters- Ben, have for one another will add to the movie's tension. I'm not embarrassed by the prospect of having to kiss in front of cameras, this is all professional and I have a role to fulfill. However, I decided it would be best for my parents to give it a miss coming to set today, I don't really want them witnessing it first hand.