Chapter 26

Chapter 26

I watch the door slam shut before looking at him.

"What do you think you're doing?"

"I'm sorry."

We both speak at the same time and I pause when I register what he just said. I must look just as confused as I feel because Zach repeats it.

"I'm sorry."

"Okay? Now get out."

I'm not in the mood to talk to him right now. Sorry doesn't solve everything, and after the dick he was that evening at the dinner party, it's going to take a lot more than 'sorry.'

Zach sighs, "Yeah, I was expecting that."

I put my hands on my hips. "I need to get changed."

I walk around him to go and open the door, but he steps to the side and blocks the door handle from my reach.

"Zach! Get out." I'm feeling really irritated now. I don't like how he just barged in here expecting for me to say everything is fine. It was way too confident of him.

"Sel, just hear me out. Please." He is looking at me imploringly, willing me to listen.

I falter a little, feeling slightly taken aback by his vulnerable expression. It is a world away from the hard, icy stare he fixed on me the other night. Gone is the rude and isolated Zach from a moment ago in the cast room.

"Please." He repeats, "I'll take the blame if you're late to set. I just need 10 minutes from you."

I let out a deep breath, my voice now a little softer "Zach, this is my first day. I can't be late." He looks down at the ground, running his fingers through his hair before putting his hands in his pockets. I feel a pull on my heartstrings as I see his dejected expression. "How about after my scene? We get a break right?"

He looks up from the ground immediately, shaking his head in disagreement.

"No, we need to talk now." His sudden desperation has stunned me.

I don't know what this boy is doing to me, but it's definitely messing with my head.

Gone is my resolve of 'no forgiveness,' now I only feel a strange urge to comfort him in whatever's caused him to be in such a state. He may be a dick, but seeing him like this is causing me a whole lot more stress than hearing him out would. Besides, it doesn't necessarily mean I'm a pushover if I just listen to him.

Right?

"Okay...fine." He looks shocked that I actually agreed, but this only lasts a millisecond before he turns and locks the dressing room door. He then goes over to the sofa in the far corner of the room and motions for me to sit down next to him.

Why did he lock the door?

I frown a little, but decide to just remain quiet and sit down anyway; ensuring there is a suitable amount of distance between us.

"Right, where to begin. How about sorry, again." I wait for him to go on. "I was rude to you that evening at dinner. It was uncalled for and I regret every piece of shit I said. I'm a prick" I nod in agreement.

My reaction causes a small smile to crack on to his face and I have to glance away to avoid smiling back. I can't come across as a softie, well, more than I already am.

"You were only looking out for me, and I appreciate that you came to look for me." I look closely at his expression as he speaks.

I know he's not lying.