Chapter 29

A/N

Hi all! I know! Two updates on two consecutive days! I thought why not. You guys deserve it after having to wait so long for the last one.

One thing though. Of course I love that you guys are enjoying the story, but please can we stop with the "update!!" Comments right after I've updated? I dont mind the update comments after a few days of me updating, but getting them straight after is a little rude. These chapters do take a lot of time to write and edit, so some patience would be appreciated.

That being said, thank you to everyone who leaves such kind praise and interacts with comments throughout the chapters! Happy reading and don't forget to vote!

H x

__________

Chapter 29

The loud thudding at the door implied that there was something urgent or serious happening, and as I open the door to the hotel room, this is confirmed.

Standing in front of me is a frantic looking man, he can't be much older than me though. He is a little bent over so I can't fully see his face, yet his shaped physique and fitted jacket gives away his age. He is gripping the doorframe desperately, and panting as though he's been running.

"Is everything alright?" I finally ask the stranger. I step back a little further into the hotel room too, just to be cautious.

He carries on breathing deeply for a little while longer before lifting his head to look at me.

I feel a strange sense of déjà vu as I take in the man's appearance. He seems oddly familiar, with his blonde hair and freckled face. I rack my brain. It then all comes crashing to my conscience as he nervously adjusts his black rimmed glasses, fixing me with his brown eyes. Just like he did the other week.

The waiter from the pre-filming party. The party that was in LA... not in New York.

"Selena Jacobs?! I wasn't expecting this to be your room, I'm so sorry! I just had all my stuff taken from me by this group of rowdy guys taunting me and I had to run away- I don't know where to go- I think they're still waiting! Nobody else opened their door for me!"

He is talking to fast that I am struggling to make sense of anything he's saying. On top of that, this is a very big coincidence to say the least. Of all the rooms to choose, he chose mine to persist with.

I can't just ignore him and leave him out here though, not when there's potential danger nearby. I couldn't live with myself if something bad happened to him because of me.

Tyler, his name now surfacing in my mind, is looking at me desperately, his chest still heaving up a down from his exertion.

What am I meant to do? Invite him in? I don't know how comfortable I am with doing that.

As I'm contemplating, a warm hand comes to rest on my waist and Zach moves to stand next to me in the doorway, pulling me against his side. Instantly, I feel a lot safer.

"What's going on?" His eyes are set on Tyler, his brows furrowed. "You were at that party."

He recognises him too?

Tyler seems surprised to see Zach and is looking at him with an uncharacteristically darkened expression; his eyes narrowed into thin slits. This is definitely not the same timid person that served me champagne, and now I feel a little on edge. I'm so thankful Zach is here.

Yet, as quick as as flash, the darkened expression evaporates from Tyler's features when he looks back to me, instead morphing back to the desperate, masking smile he had on before.