Chapter 21

Chapter 21

"Sorry for dragging you out of the house this late." Zach arrived at my house a few minutes ago and I managed to make my way out to him after Jess' extremely excited fangirling. It's fair to say Alek had no idea what was happening as she jumped around squealing.

Poor guy hasn't even seen the half of it, but I wouldn't have my best friend any other way.

"It's not that late, plus I did agree to it" I remind him.

"Yeah true, but how could you resist?" He winks and I give him a playful slap on the arm as I put my seatbelt on with my other hand.

He starts the engine of his car up before starting to back out the spot he's parked in outside my house.

"I just wanted to get out the house for a bit and I thought to ask you since we haven't hung out in a while."  I decide to not question him further about wanting time out the house. I may make it seem like a much bigger issue than it really is, although I can't help thinking back to Nate and whether something has happened between the two again.

"Well, I'm glad you texted."

"How's your evening been?" He asks me, "Anything more exciting that seeing me happen?" Typical Zach.

"Well, Jess had a guy over for dinner tonight, and he's sweet. So that was exciting."

Zach pulls on to the road and drives, "sweet? Don't make moves on your best friend's man, you minx."

I look over at him in disbelief and Zach smirks in response.

There was something undeniably hot about the way he said minx, but I'm not letting my dirty mind get carried away with it. It's best to stop thoughts like that before they trail off, no matter how heated he makes my body feel.

Control yourself Selena.

"I meant sweet as in sweet for her," I correct him. He just nods, the smirk still plastered on his face. "It's true!"

Zach starts laughing now and his handsome face lights up under the glow from the sunset, "I was just messing with you, I know you're not that sort of person." It's reassuring to know that he's aware I have morals.

He carries on looking pleased with himself as he drives and although he's annoying, I find myself mesmerised by him. The way he casually makes digs and jokes around with me just shows how comfortable he is with me as a friend, at least that's what I'm reading it as. It gives me a warm, fuzzy feeling inside to know I'm valued.

"So, I didn't know what you'd want to see so you'll have to decide when we get there," he informs me.

"Do you not want to choose?" I ask, he shakes his head.

"I'm up for anything, except that new barbie film. I'm not enduring that." I wrinkle my nose,

"There'll be no barbie..." he seems pleased with my answer, "if you don't annoy me" I add. He groans,

"I always annoy you."

"That's true. You better be on your best behaviour then."

We pull up into the cinema car park a few minutes later and I am not surprised at all to see four or five paparazzi already waiting, they seem to recognise Zach's car's from a mile off and I saw them trailing us earlier.

Thankfully, I remembered to a bring a big handbag which I can use to shield my face, other than that I didn't bother to change my clothes from earlier. The paparazzi are crowded along my side of the car unfortunately, desperate to get a snap of 'Zach's new thing,' as they put it.