Chapter 3

*Nick's POV*

I was walking up the stairs with Cole and annoying ass Amanda to get to class when I saw the weirdest and most unexpected thing happening by the lockers.

Camila. Freaking Camila Rosa. The really-super-sexy-but-an-outcast girl was on top of the baddest boy in the whole school, David Touch-Me-And-You-Die. What the actual fuck?

My clique's rule was to never look at the losers or outcasts, and so far it was easy but at that moment, I couldn't resist myself. I was shocked, confused, and I didn't like what I saw.

I walked closer to them, leaving my friends behind and to my disgust I see David grabbing on to Camila and trying to kiss her, while she was crying and squealing. That was it. I wasn't going to let this go on for one more second.

I walked right in the middle of them and broke them apart by punching David deservingly, in the part where it hurts the most. I knew it wasn't a good move for a sophomore like me, but I didn't think about the implications. I had to stop this right then and help the girl.

David winced and let Camila go. She fell down on the floor and before I could ask if she was okay she ran away. I tried running after her but I felt big heavy arms grip on to my hoodie's hood. I turn back and get a huge blow on my face and everything gets blurry. All I can see is my friends all standing in a corner and watching this as if it were a show. Just then, I get another even bigger punch, and then two more right behind my head and I immediately regret ever getting into this.

"Aren't you assholes going to back me up or just stand there and watch like fucking pussies?" I yell out to Cole and the others.

"You're the pussy here. You stupid little sophomore thought you were going to save that hoe but you ended up getting bashed up like a fucking boxing bag." I hear someone say. Followed by David and some others laughing out loudly.

*Camila's POV*

I was in the school toilet bawling my eyes out and trying to calm myself down. That was the most disgusting, scary and forceful experience I ever had in my whole life. My mind felt like it was going to blast out of trauma or something.

Suddenly, someone blasts into the toilet yelling furiously. It's Amanda.

"YOU STUPID BITCH IT'S ALL YOUR FAULT. WE'RE RUINED. OUR REPUTATION IS RUINED BECAUSE OF YOU. AND NICK IS GOING TO DIE BECAUSE OF YOU." Amanda screams.

"Shut up you drama queen, he's not going to die and we ain't ruined. We're gonna rule this school until we graduate!" some blonde girl says.

Oh my god. I totally forgot about Nick. He was out there alone with David. I had to go see what was happening. I quickly wipe my tears and walk out, only to see Nick flat on the floor with David and his gang stamping on him. He was bruised badly and bleeding. Nick's whole clique of like 30 people had gathered up and were all watching what was going on with their mouth and eyes wide open - nobody helped. 

All of a sudden, David and his friends start running away and a group of adults come into the scene. Teachers. Perfect.

The teachers made everyone go away and the only people left were me, Nick and the four teachers.

"Can you please explain what's going on Camila?" One teacher asks

"Umm... A lot. Can we get Nick to the nurse first please?" I desperately ask. 

"Yes. Nick to the nurse. You to the office."

Two of the teachers help Nick stand up and they start walking down to the Nurse's office. Nick turns around and looks at me for a second. That was literally the first time he ever looked at me without mocking eyes and it felt kinda good, like I wasn't that worthless after all.