Chapter 5

The next week passed by really fast. But it was different. 

- David had gotten suspended

- Nick never looked at me anymore, no more mocking glares and making fun of me

- Amanda and Andrea became good friends, still don't know how 

- Andrea didn't talk to me as much 

- We sat with Amanda's clique at lunch (Nick wasn't there, I don't know why) 

- Everyone always stared at me in the hallways and whispered to their friends 

- I just studied and studied, more than ever, forgetting everything and everyone else. 

--------------------------------------------

1 week later - Camp day 

It was finally the day of the camping trip woo! 

I was finally happy and excited after a week, finally no homework to worry about. 

I met up with Cat and Luna at 8:00 in the morning and we went to board our bus. As we walked into the bus I noticed that Cole and his friends were on our bus, which probably meant Nick was going to be on our bus too. Oh no. 

Being the good girls we are, we went and sat at the front of the bus. But obviously, Andrea had to come and force us to sit with her, Amanda and the others at the back. I was getting so frustrated by having to always hang out with the popular kids these days, thanks to Andrea and her "being popular" fascination. 

I put my earphones in and went and sat in a seat that had a empty seat next to it, reserving two seats just for myself. Everyone else, including Cat, Luna and Angela were laughing and joking with the others but I wasn't interested in hanging out anywhere near Amanda. 

8:15 A.M.

It was time for the bus to depart. And Nick still didn't come. I was feeling so relieved. 

The bus started moving. However, all of a sudden, after like 5 seconds it stopped. The doors open and Nick comes running inside, all sweaty and flushed. I hear a loud cheer and Nick puts his hands up in the air as if he's the boss of this bus. He doesn't even say sorry to the teachers for being late, and just starts walking towards the back like it's his home. 

"What the hell man, how could y'all not reserve a seat for me? I'm not going to be sitting in the front with those pussies" Nick says, annoyed. 

"Andrea is more important than you, go find another place Mr. Robinson" Amanda says sarcastically. 

"Fuck you. Fuck all of you" he replies. 

Wow. Rude. I wonder if they were like that to each other all the time. 

I see Nick turn back and start walking down the aisle. 

"Sit down immediately Robinson," I hear one of the teachers say. 

Nick stops right next to my seats and looks at me. I felt myself shivering. I was still scared of him. Please no no no don't sit here, I say in my head. 

He pulls a grumpy face at me and just sits down like he owns that seat. I had put my jacket on there so that people would get the cue and not sit there, but he was so arrogant ugh. 

I took my earphones off. 

"Uh.. you're sitting on my jacket" I say awkwardly

"So? Do I fucking care?" he scowls

I didn't know what to say. I was shocked and mad - the usual feeling Nick gave me over the years. I looked away and put my earphones back on and put the volume up really loud. This moment was so freaking awkward, everything between us was awkward. It would be less awkward if we talked about what happened the other day. 

"Ew. Are you listening to Justin Bieber? You're making me deaf" 

"Then go sit somewhere else" I tried to sound rude, but I still sounded polite. 

"I would. But I'm sitting on your jacket and you don't like it, so I won't" 

I shouldn't have been surprised for him saying that, he was Nick Robinson after all. I felt myself about to say something I shouldn't have. But I did. 

"Seriously? If you dislike me that much why did you help me the other day. WHY?"

I immediately regretted saying that and got really intimidated by his facial reaction. I moved down the seat to the furthest atom possible away from him. 

*Nicks POV*

That question made my heart skip a beat. Fuck. Why did she bring that up again. I was trying to forget it, it was so embarrassing and stupid of me. And I still don't know why I did it. 

I saw her moving her ass to the corner of the seat. She looked scared and usually I totally loved doing that to people, but I kinda felt bad seeing her scared of me. 

"Don't talk to me" I say 

She looks hurt and upset but I just try to ignore it and look away. I turn my back to her and start talking to the squad. 

After around an hour the chatter got softer and most people were drifting off to sleep. I was feeling kinda sleepy too so I just decided to try and take a nap, even though I really wasn't the 'sleepy-i-need-a-nap' kinda guy. 

I turned around and Camila was still at the edge of her seat and listening to that pathetic Bieber music. I poked her arm to piss her off but she doesn't respond. I poked her again and she still didn't respond. I moved her face towards me and noticed that she was sleeping. 

But woah. 

I never noticed her face this much. She was crazy beautiful.  

Her face was golden, her hair was dark and glorious, her nose was super sharp and cute and her lips were... just woah. Did she get lip injections or something? They were so plump and pink and perfect. 

I noticed she had goosebumps all over her arms so I took her jacket from my seat and put it over her. I fell asleep in a few seconds right after that.