Chapter 12

*Camila's POV*

The rain started getting lighter and all I could hear was the sound of us breathing. It was like we were both stuck in a dark humid box with no escape. But honestly, if we really were in that box, I wouldn't mind. I wanted this moment to last forever. Just both of us feeling each other and taking out all that love we had kept in for years. It was like an explosion, our love was exploding like huge fiery vibrant fireworks.

We were both playing with each other and I put my finger on his lips and I feel his lips turn into a smile.

"You know Nick, I can't believe this. I feel like I'm dreaming. I never ever thought you would like me in any way. I thought I was just another worthless loser kid in the school in your eyes. Finally having you in my arms makes me feel like..."

He cut me off by grabbing my face and without any hesitance he pushes me down and starts kissing me just like the first time, except this time it felt like he was trying to tell me something.

"You changed me" he whispers while still softly kissing me.

He finally pulls back and I was just lying there wanting more. He didn't come back.

"I'm serious Camila. You changed me. You make me want to become a nice guy. You've shown me how popularity isn't anything. Being with someone who makes you happy, someone who you really admire, someone who you've held a special place for since childhood, is something much much more than all that popularity bullshit at school." He says sounding so aggressive but passionate at the same time.

"Fuck school. Fuck everything. Fuck everyone. I love you." He whispers

"what.." I gasp.

He holds my hands with both of his hands and asks,

"Will you be my girlfriend?"

I didn't know this was coming so fast. I mean we made out and stuff but I could never in my wildest dreams imagine him asking me out. I could've literally passed out, out of the crazy amount of butterflies in my stomach at that moment. 

"Um" Was all that came out of my mouth. That was meant to be a yes. 

All of a sudden the rain got really heavy again, and the rainfall was even louder than before. The sounds of thunder got intimidatingly loud, and the winds were no less noisy than everything else. Suddenly, there was a roaring wind sound that was almost as loud as a jet plane. Horrifyingly, the tent then started actually shaking and moving side to side. What the hell was happening? 

A lightning strike from outside was bright enough to light the entire tent for a second and in that moment I saw Nick's face, which was for the first time, full of fear and horror.

"Camila, wait here okay?" he screams on the top of his voice, so I could hear him. 

He squeezes my hand gently and then opens the tent zipper and gets out. The whole tent is a mess in under a second, my clothes are drenched, my phone is dead, and the wind is so strong I feel like its going to pull me out of the tent. 

"HOLY FUCK NO" I hear a cry. 

I had no idea when Nick was going to come back since it was completely dead dark and I couldn't even use my phone as a light since the water got into it. I was so terrified, and more for Nick than myself. This storm didn't seem like a nice one and definitely wasn't like anything I'd seen before. How were the others even still sleeping??!? 

After what seemed like forever but was probably just only a minute, I felt a hand on me and screamed. 

"Camila! It's me! Hold on to my hand fast!!" He yelled, with his voice full of panic.