Chapter 13

*Nicks POV* 

It was over. 

It was gone. 

The lightning streaks started to get smaller and the heavy rainfall transformed into a light shower. 

The pitch black sky started to lighten to a bright pink-orange and the clouds started to show glints of silver linings. 

I sat on the muddy forest floor against a huge tree branch in the chilly misty forest, with my dream girl right in my arms. It felt like a dream, it felt so unreal. I kept on having second thoughts about whether we were actually still alive or not. 

Camila was unconscious. Her sweater was torn and her skinny jeans became ripped jeans. I had covered her with my jacket and held her tight to make sure she wouldn't get cold. It was insane how crazily beautiful she looked even though her face had become pale as fuck, and was smudged with mascara everywhere. I wanted to kiss her so badly. 

"Oh my!" I heard someone whisper, their voice full of shock. 

I turned around and it was a tiny old lady with completely white hair. 

I usually didn't give a shit about anyone, including old people but I don't even know why, I smiled at the old lady.  

"Look at you both! Today morning's news stated that nobody had gotten injured! You poor children!" she shrieked. 

"What?" I mumbled in confusion.

"How old are you?" 

"Uh... I'm 17"

"And the girl?"

"16." 

"Oh lord! You both are so young! Come with me now, you both need to get taken care of right away." 

"Where?" 

"To my home! It's right there. Look-"

I looked towards where she was pointing and surprisingly, there was a little cottage! 

I didn't know if I could trust her but... if I didn't take help we would probably be stuck here forever. 

"Alright. Thanks." 

I looked at Camila, still paler than ever. I carried her up and followed the woman to her home. 

----------------------------

The old lady grinned sympathetically and opened her small wooden front door. I walked inside the warm house that smelt of baked bread and peppermint. The furniture was all vintage but minimal. It felt so awkward to feel this comfortable inside a strangers house. 

Suddenly, I see a boy about my age, blonde curly hair, green eyes, taller than me, walk out of one of the two bedrooms. 

"Jayden would you mind if they use your room for now?" 

The guys eyes move towards Camila and then towards me. He smiles. 

"Sure." he says hospitably. 

He moves closer to me and looks back down at Camila. "Do you need help? You must be so tired." he says putting his hands out towards me, gesturing to hold Camila. 

"No? I'm fine." I try not to sound pissed. 

I walk into the boys bedroom, which is surprisingly really neat, wtf? He's probably a nerd or something. Even though he doesn't look that type at all. 

I lay Camila on to the small single sized bed and put the blanket over her. As soon as I turned around, "Jeydon" was standing right there. 

"If you don't mind me asking... how did you guys even land up there?" he sounded concerned. 

"We were at a school camp, everyone ran away when they heard about the tornado, we were left up there. So yeah." 

"Woah! That's horrible. What school do you even go to?!" 

"Emerald High.." I smirk. 

"NO WAY!!! Holy--" He pauses seeing me having no reaction and no interest towards him. He got the clue thankfully. 

"Does she go to Emerald High too? By the way, who is she?" he asks pointing at Camila. 

"She's my..."