one

recoiling his sniper rifle at what seemed for the hundredth time today, willy stared out of the hole which now labelled as a killing window.

smoke emanated from a secluded corner, hinting the disguise kit used by a spy. willy shrugged his suspicions off. it was probably the one used by their team's spy.

driving a hole through a heavy's head, the weight of his razorback felt heavy on his shoulders. grinding his teeth a little, he concentrated on headshots instead. ignoring his aching thumb, he knocked over a jar of piss in the process.

"bloody piss jars..." he muttered, making a mental note to clear that up later.

his razorback broke into two.

a knife clattered to the floor, the light glistening off the metal surface. grabbing his kukri lying on a box nearby, he glanced around for any signs that might give away the spy's presence. swearing in his thick accent, his back hit a wall.

now he was really panicking. engie was still sorting out the respawn system and it might take weeks to be properly fixed. till then, he made a promise not to be killed by any careless mistakes. especially being backstabbed by an enemy spy.

the cold touch of a pistol grabbed him by surprise.

"it seems i am not the only one here. did you mention something about a faulty respawn system?" the spy resurfaced, a smirk plastered to his mouth.

shit, willy thought, mentally facepalming himself. his daily habit of saying out his thoughts had landed him in hot soup.

once again.

"well, to be honest, we're having problems too," the spy claimed, removing the pistol's from willy's forehead.

"no wonder the battlefield is so quiet nowdays..."

"but this small technical problem won't stop me from terrorizing you, willy." the spy dragged the last word, the grin reappearing on his face.

"how the hell do you know my name?!"

"i did a little background check. your file was very intriguing, with a little blanks here and there." the spy replied, snapping out a cigarette and lighting it on fire.

"you know what? i don't care that you checked my bloody particulars or anything. just leave me alone."

"what's the rush?"

the sniper turned round and glared at the smoking spy.

"i don't have time to be your friend, wanker."

snippets of the previous events flashed in willy's mind. of how their team's demolition man befriended the blu team's soldier and how it ended in bloodshed. nobody wanted to be caught in that web of lies.

"you sound like the voice." the spy let out a puff of smoke, polluting the air and making willy cough.

"will you smoke somewhere else?! i'm trying not to kill you here because of the respawn thing, but you're obviously forcing me with no choice." willy sputtered angrily, mind drifting back to the heavy he'd just killed.

and with that, the spy was gone.

looking around confusedly, he shook his head and continued on his sniping business.