sixteen

filler chapter alert!

-atomic
---
"willy no!"

lucien's voice rang out loud and clear over the metallic waves of noise, as a knife was repeatedly stabbed into willy's chest at an alarmingly swift rate.

"lu...run away...they're gonna get you!" willy tried to scream but all that came out was a choked sound and more blood.

"i would have been obliged to say 'i told you so', but i'm afraid i don't have the time for that." lucien's mother stood a distance away, an evil look creeping into her eyes and her son's butterfly knife clutched in her fist.

"you...what have you done?!" lucien screamed, anger and fear overwhelming him.

"this!" she brought the knife into lucien's stomach, piercing him like an acid-smeared needle.

---
lucien woke up with a gasp, his breathing heavy.

he looked around him in panic and was relieved to find that willy was still beside him, sleeping soundly and little snores coming out of his nose.

he sighed and tried to console himself, swiping away any tears that had formed on his face.

"lu, what's wrong? you're shaking."

out of nowhere, lucien felt a pair of wrists hug him from behind and he almost squeaked. his heart rate was showing no sign of stopping, even after he'd tried his best to calm himself down.

"it's nothing." he struggled to keep his voice steady.

"yeah, no. did you have a nightmare?"

he nodded, rubbing his arm up and down like he did as a child when he was nervous.

"you know, you can't just bottle up everything. it's not healthy."

"like pissing in jars is considered healthy."

"oi! i already told you i'm trying to cut down on that."

"...i've always been taught to bottle everything up and not show any emotion. because when spies show emotion, it'll only serve as a distraction."

"psh, who taught you that?" willy snorted, tightening his grip on lucien.

"my mother." lucien messed with the covers, his fingers diving in and out of the sheets.

"well, she's a bloody wanker and doesn't deserve such a beau like you." willy messed with lucien's hair, who in turn relaxed slightly.

"hmph. i sure hope she doesn't come after us."

"if she does, i'll just slice her open."

"don't be so cocky. she used to be one of the world's best spies. she can manipulate everyone and anyone."

"...even if she does come after us, i'll never give you up."

"promise?"

"promise."