two

slipping on his balaclava, lucien slid past the soldier and medic who was following closely behind and made his way to the enemy base.

the sound of his teammate being obliterated by the sentry gun rang in his ears.

whipping out a sapper, he materialised, disguised as a pyro. slamming the sapper onto the sentry, he backstabbed the engineer while he was distracted, a strangled cry for help stuck in his throat.

dusting off a strand of hair on his suit, he caught sight of a sniper perched at the top, focused on killing his charging enemies. with a smirk creeping onto his face, he switched his disguise to a medic's one and clambered up the stairs that led to his perch.

the sniper name's was willy and amongst his acquaintances, was not a force to be reckoned with. still, lucien had no qualms about getting a second backstab for the day.

once he was at the top, the stench overwhelmed him. clenching his nose with a gloved hand, he cringed. the jars of piss were disgusting, accompanied by the swearing the man did occasionally. equipping his knife, he was about to backstab the man when he noticed he was wearing a razorback.

too late. the razorback snapped into two and the knife clattered to the floor, distracting the sniper from his killing spree.

"who's there?" he grabbed the handle of his kukri and looked around, the eyes behind his aviators darting in every direction.

lucien sighed.

revealing himself, he pressed his pistol to willy's head and put a fake smirk on his face, where in reality he was really nervous.

"it seems i am not the only one here. did you mention something about a faulty respawn system?" the words came tumbling out of lucien's mouth, making him more nervous.

ignoring the quick heartbeat in his chest, he removed the pistol from willy's head and looked away, swiping an arm across his face as if it would remove the colour from his cheeks.

"well, to be honest, we're having problems too." he mentally facepalmed, but to his immense relief, the sniper was too caught up in caring for his own life to notice.

"no wonder the battefield is so quiet nowadays..." he stated, a hand resting on his chin.

"but this small technical problem won't stop me from terrorizing you, willy." lucien blurted out, a hand clamping over his big mouth.

"how the hell do you know my name?!" he practically shrieked, staring at the spy with a gaping mouth.

"i did a little background check. your file was very intriguing, with a few blanks here and there."

"you know what? i don't care that you checked my bloody particulars or anything. just leave me alone."

that sentence brought an anonymous stinging feeling to lucien's chest.

"what's the rush?" he replied, rather disappointingly.

"i don't have time to be your friend, wanker."

"you sound like the voice." lucien stated, lighting a cigarette and puffing out streams of smoke.

"will you smoke somewhere else?! i'm trying not to kill you because of the respawn thing, but you're obviously forcing me with no choice."

lucien cloaked himself, a frown spread across his face. he was obviously not welcome there.

he walked down the stairs with his hands buried in his suit pockets, making a mental note to mind his own business next time.